xisto Community
killer911pt

Ubuntu Themes Post them here

Personally I use KDE rather than Gnome, but I can still help you out :PGnome Look is the place to go for new themes, icons, wallpapers and pretty much everything else Gnome-related. And for us using KDE, KDE Look is the originally named equivalent. In some cases you can use material from the 'wrong' site and it will still work (background images for example). So, take a look at both.

Yes, you certainly can. Open up Synaptic and have a look for the kubuntu-desktop package. That will pull in a load of other packages and set KDE up for you. It will take quite a while though - it'll download KDE, Amarok, Kopete, Konversation, K3B and all of their dependencies. If you don't immediately get thrown into KDE, log out and choose KDE as the session type from the login screen. When you log in you should then be in KDE :P

a great ubuntu version i found is called linux mint. it is easy install. i did it all by myself. you can have 3d desktop which rotating under your mouse when you turn it on. but sometimes everything gets slow, and i have to restart computer, what i never do on my windows computer