xisto Community
nummell

Internet Are you addicted to the internet?

Internet  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking at the last posts on this thread I see that they are almost all about cigarretes/smoking. I?m a smoker and I?m addicted to it, I?m not even thinking about quitting...But beeing in a online forum there?s one question that comes to my mind...Are you addicted to the internet?I?ve been reading news about kids that beat up theyr parents because they?re forbbiden to use the internet... Talk about addiction...I really like being online and when I was a kid internet was something that we never heard of... I have two daughters and I?m wondering if they will become addicted to the internet... I hope not...And you... Are you addicted to the internet?

I definitely am, unfortunately.When I get bored, I don't play video games or read or go outside. I go online and go to MySpace, Facebook, and Xisto to talk to my friends, and talk to my friends on AIM, MSN, and Yahoo... and sometimes IRC.I find myself doing this after work, after school, and in between for hours on end, refreshing my social networks to see if I got any new posts or new messages or anything else I could interact with.Now that I said all this... it's rather pathetic. :P

I voted yes and no. Yes because if I'm on the computer it's completely boring if I can't get online and talk to my friends, but no because I can actually survive without internet if I'm off doing something else. I think the whole interactive aspect of the internet is what makes it so attractive.

....Are you addicted to the internet?......

You can not say that somebody is addicted to the internet but u can say he/she addicted to play game and/or gambling and/o non-objective long chat OR watching adults pictures.

That because internet has many function and services and you can go from one to another searching, browsing, studying, reading articles, watching news, emailing,.... As long you gain knowledge then you are not addicted.

But it is called addiction if you repeat the same things without adding new information and loose time while you need these time to study or rest. That the case in games, bambling, watching unnecessary videos The same is chat without purposes and for long times. Exactly as we say about phoning by hours. Phone or chat can be concluded in minutes

Yes... I am addited to internet bigtime....This is my routine daily..1. Checking my mail (gmail) atleast 20-30 times a day.... or online most of the time...2. Online in gchat for almost the whole day...3. Addicted to yahoo answers....4. Xisto forums...5. Stumbleupon (this is just awesome.... have been addcted to this and not able to come out)6. Reading blogs through google reader ...also individual blogs....7. Random articles in wikipedia... (nice stuff...)Also some more time of pointless browsing.... some time....

Of course I am, I go online about 6 hours a day and if I'm not online I'm thinking about going online. Especially when I break to go to the toilet or eat or something. I want to come back. In fairness it's only so I can talk to my friends but it's still on the internet.

I would not necessarily consider myself addicted to the internet based on the simple fact that I spend more time doing things offline than doing things while relying on the internet itself. During my free time, I will spend about two hours on my computer in which an hour and a half could be spent doing something on the internet while I may spend the other half hour spending some time on something offline. Most of my activities are within the usage of the internet considering that I spend some time with a few friend in IRC, but I do spend other time on the computer frequenting a few other sites while at the same time, I like to write on paper with a pen.I would have to say I agree with what 'gooper' said in his post, I could spend my time offline. However, I enjoy my computer much more when I am connected to the internet because there is a lot more to do.

I could say that. I also check my few mails 10-20 times /day and I'm administrating 4-5 hours/day my Counter-Strike 1.6 dedicated server (well, when I have enough time :P Now the teachers in BG are in protest, but when they return to job, I will study all that time).I use Skype, like my friends, but not addicted to it as them. They put it online 24/7 B)

The internet is crazy!!!! You can do almost anything you want on it. From your personal life to learning new things about the world. I use it everyday. If I don't have the internet i would die cause basically my hobby and job is creating websites. Long live the internet!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Looking at the last posts on this thread I see that they are almost all about cigarretes/smoking. I´m a smoker and I´m addicted to it, I´m not even thinking about quitting...But beeing in a online forum there´s one question that comes to my mind...
Are you addicted to the internet?
I´ve been reading news about kids that beat up theyr parents because they´re forbbiden to use the internet... Talk about addiction...
I really like being online and when I was a kid internet was something that we never heard of... I have two daughters and I´m wondering if they will become addicted to the internet... I hope not...
And you... Are you addicted to the internet?

i absolutevely am.. not as much i was before.. but yea.. it just seems liek i can find everything online! GAMES, movies.. tv, friends, musoc.. music is a big thing. its my passion.. my baby my passtime.. my amazing friend.. dont you agree> and graphic design.. OMG i cant make the smallest thing without having to goand change it a gazzilion tuime suntil it looks absolutevey amazing! AJJ! haha.. yea im weird and obssesed but who cares.. at least im not gettting kiny with someguy outside school.. or stealing cars,.,. or stripping in a bar.. or doing dfrugs u know!

i would say i am very much addicted. im addicted to myspace. tagged chatrooms are the best thats where i met this amzing guy that i now kno personaly and some chick from cali who is the besttest ever. shes the best supporter who supports artists and runs fansites for them not for money but because they love to do what they do. i also love diaryproject and finding photography and icons and quotes and poetry. mostly myspace like i said at first lol sadly i guess i'd rather give up a liver to keep myspace and the interent still a part of me hahaha but then i wouldnt live to sign on again and that wouldnt be cool lol

yes i am indeed addicted to internet beacause of the good knowledge which i gain and also due sites like Xisto.com and orkut.comThere is also lot more to learn on the netits like u can't leave it ........but i have to leave during my examz