xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
satyaparija

What Coding Languages Are Required?

I want to add a feature in my website so that users can make a professional -looking resume-like web page. It will be like a form based series of questions that visitor ll need to answer.Based on this a webpage as prescribed in pre-defined template ll be created .I want to know to do this what languages are used?I want some suggestion regarding this.My site is currently on Joomla platform.thanks in advance

If you wanted php (or any other server side language) could do this for you but it's a little basic for php. You could have simliar results with javascript if you wanted. You might enjoy how much easyer it would be to change the template if you use php, but either one should wrok fine...

If want to work on Joomla then you need to know PHP, JavaScript and CSS & HTML for the UI.Moreover if you want to tinker with Joomla you need to know the inbuilt functions and template taxonomy and all such internal of Joomla.

Yeah basically you have plenty of options for what languages you need. Personally i would do it wiht PHP because it would a small and simple amount of code. Otherwise you can use either javascript, java, ajax, asp, etc. The only constant thing you will need to know is HTML and CSS since these are the parts the user will actaully see.