xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

Halloween Costumes And Customs

Even though Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, I still get pretty enthusiastic about it. Aside from carving a pumpkin or two, I also like to dress up. Most of the store bought costumes seem really cheaply made to me, so I usually try to make something on my own with odds and ends from the thrift store and second-hand clothing or whatever I can throw together from my closet. I dressed up as a princess in an old bridesmaid's dress, filled a basket with some fake flowers and made a little flowered circlet for my head. Another year I used a red prom dress and went as a vampire. I'm not really sure what I want to do this year, though.Trick-or-Treating has changed from when I was a kid. People are scared of their kids being abducted or poisoned, so most parents take their kids to the mall or main street where the kids go from business to business asking for candy. My husband's aunt owns an antique store, so we display our pumpkins there and hand out candy in front. I hardly see any kids on the street anymore and few houses with lights on giving out candy. It's kinda sad really...

things have definately changed. i hardly see kids any more either. i think the times have come when it is too scary to let kids outside like in the past with a bunch of friends to trick or treat in a safe neighborhood. as a young adult now, i could remember wanting to trick or treat even into highschool but it lost its novelty when no one would go with me. they were more into drinkning and partying. not me, i would rather not grow up too fast and enjoy my childhood, late or mot. now i enjoy spending time with my family and dressing up, decorating, and eatuing dinner together, this year my sister picked the theme which is: famous people who have had an untimely death. she listed a few don'ts and a few options but i decided. it is me and my roommates going so imagine a few boys and what we can think of. so far we are going as princess diana, the croc hunter, and anna nicole smith. it may be too soon some might say but its halloween and my sis didnt think of those as off limits. it should be fun and i apologize to any it offends but seriously, they're only people. it could be worse, trust me. happy holloween and be safe!

The Halloween tradition isnt as strong in Australia. But there are a few kids that are out there in force every year dressed up with eggs and so forth, asking the usual trick or treat spiel. Now those days, kids or older teens would rather do something, especially partying and drinking for the later, in despite of the legal drinking age in some countries.

Well, I always carve pumpkins and make pumpkin pie and such obviously :)I used to go trick or treating, 'cuz who doesn't like free candy? XDThis year, I'm going to a halloween party hosted by my Sister's boyfriend's coworker. I'm going to go dressed as Ozzy Osbourne, becuase I already almost look like him ^-^ I just need the cirle sungalsses and some temporary tattoos and I'll be set ^^