xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
blood618^_^

Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices) Heres a Tip

Here's a Tip on USB Devices on protecting them.. :) Hope you want this... Enjoy :P

1. Check first the Auto Insert Notification setttings. Set it to "prompt user...".

2. Insert your USB device

3. Open "My Computer" after the USB loads

4. DON'T left-click, but right-click on the USB drive

5. Check: (very important)

if it displays:

Open

Explore

Search

Autoplay

then it's safe.

if it displays:

Autoplay

Open

Explore

Search

or:

Auto

Autoplay

Open

Explore

Search

or:

0pen

Autoplay

Open

Explore

Search

or:

Open

Autoplay <-- Note that Autoplay comes after Open

Explore

Search

then your USB device is infected.

To remove it (without having to reformat your USB device):

- Of course, scan and clean it with an anti-virus software.

But to do it manually:

1. Go to Tools>Folder Options. If Folder Options isn't displayed, then proceed to step 7**

2. Go to the View tab, then enable "Show hidden files and folders", and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating files" (click yes on this part)

3. Apply and Ok

4. Click the address bar

5. Type the drive letter of your USB device (example - F:\)

6. Look for suspicious files... like EXE files that has the icon of a folder, and named after the folder it is in... or VBS files in the root folder... or krag.exe and other unnecessary executables, or the folder RECYCLER. Delete those.

7. Run Notepad

8. Go to File>Save As, go to any folder you want to save.

9. Name it as "autorun.inf", then save.

10. Copy autorun.inf

11. Paste it on the root folder of the USB drive (example - F:\)

12.Confirm file overwrite.

13. Reconnect your USB device.

14. Finished. No more Autoplay.

**if there is no Folder Options, then it might have been disabled by the administrator, or your system also has already been infected.

===================================

Also dont Reboot PC (pressing restart button.) while your USB Device is inserted. it can corrupt data...

Ahh you should specify which Operating system you are using. Users of linux will be trying to remove viruses from their USB now :) well anyway thanks and this is a nicepiece of information.Hope to see more posting from you

Hey I tried this out..it worked for me..but those files keep on coming back to the drive even after i delete 'em..although the autorun doesnt work anymore, but those files are still there on the device.and they can spread this way, if not harm my USB device..so could anyone help me out with that..thanks..regards..

HOW CAN I UNPROTECT A FLASHDISK

Virus On Your Flash Disk? (usb Devices)

I HAVAE BEEN EXPERIENCING THE PROBLEM PAST 2 WEEKS NOW.

I OPENED MY FLASHDISK AND I SAW MY FILES THERE BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO OPEN ANY FILE, IT SAYS; THE DISK IS PROTECTED.

HOW CAN I RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM TO START SAVING MY FILES INSIDE.

AM WAITING FORWARD FOR YOUR REPLY.

THANKS.

FROM; JOHNNY

-question by ENWOR JOHN

error message displayed when i insert flash disk!!

When I insert my flash drive its displaying eror mess

!soundmix.Exe-corrupt file

The file or directory autorun.Inf is corrupt and un readable,please run the Chkdsk utility.

And also I cannot format the disk .The files present on the disk are not deleting ...Can anyone help me out

For resolve USB problem just do this way.1) Go to Run and then type CMD 2) In any drives type: Attib -s -h -are Autorun.Inf3) After find it type: Del Autorun.Inf-reply by Loghman Adak

Good Morning:I have a problem with a virus in my flash USB kingston, I have a virus in autorun.Inf and create another archive named Lio.Vbs and when I delete manually the virus and put the another autorun.Inf to replace it, the virus is recover again and replace my archive of autorun.Inf and create again Lio.Vbs. How I can do to prevent that the virus come again and infect my drive?.Another thing, autorun and Lio appear has hidden, Read - Only and Archive and I cannot remove hidden because the option has disabled.Thanks for the answer from antelation and excuse my english, if are something wrong.Lance.

Replying to Trap FeedBackerI have the same problem with that lio.Vbs, my pc systems is infected, because Avira Antivir detected it:The file 'C:WINDOWSsystem32Lio.Vbs'Contained a virus or unwanted program 'HEUR/HTML.Malware' [heuristic]Action(s) taken:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEC:WINDOWSsystem32userinit.Exe,C:WINDOWSsystem32wscript.Exe C:WINDOWSsystem32Lio.VbsThe fund was classified as suspicious.The file was moved to "48b4e016.Qua"!After I send it to quarentena, because I couldn't erease it, my script host send me a message after each reload: the archive lio.Vbs is unable in 'C:WINDOWSsystem32Lio.Vbs'I don't want this in my startup, how I can finish it?Ahh, my USB was infected too, but the antivir could clean it.-reply by josebrrs

error message displayed when i insert flash disk!!

And also I cannot format the disk .The files present on the disk are not deleting ...Can anyone help me out

I had a similar problem with my sandisk drive. I went to my computer --> manage-->then go to disk management

It should see the drive there, where you can manually reformat it.

I have a problem with my flash.It has a virus(brontox)I think.I have triebd scanning and deleting but now I cannot open my files at all .When I scan they seem to be there please help-reply by labath

error message

Just create a file in the folder C:windowssystem32and name it Lio.Vbs

Oops problem solved

-reply by Magdiel

I have a problem with my flash.It has a virus(brontox)I think.I have triebd scanning and deleting but now I cannot open my files at all .When I scan they seem to be there please help

-reply by labath

Try checking if the files/folders have been marked as system / hidden attribute.

You can uncheck "hide protected files/folders" and select "show hidden files" under My computer > Tools > Folder Options > View

If they are visible after that. Just right click , select properties and uncheck the system and hidden attrib and apply.

This should solve the problem

When you insert an injected usb drive, the autorun starts automatically. Even you didn't double clicked on the usb drive in My Computer. And also some of viruses don't show Autoplay, and you think your usb drive is safe, but these viruses can also start with the Open.

I think the autoplay when you insert the drive is not useful. We should disable it.

To DISABLE AUTORUN ON ALL DRIVES:

If you are using Windows XP Professional version:

Click Start and then click Run

Type gpedit.msc and click OK

The Group Policy window will open. In the left pane, expand Administrative Templates

In the right pane, double-click System

Scroll down the list and double-click Turn Off Autoplay

In the Turn Off Autoplay Properties window, select Enabled. From the dropdown next to Turn Off Autoplay on, select All drives and then click OK

If you are using Windows XP Home version:

You need to edit Registry.

Click Start and then click Run

Type regedit and click OK. The Registry Editor window will open.

In the left pane, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Policies -> Explorer.

In the right-pane right click the value NoDriveTypeAutoRun and select Modify from the drop down menu. The base value will be set to Hexadecimal. If not, select Hexadecimal.

Type 95 and click OK.

This will stop Autorun on USB drives.

Now restart the computer. Autoruns will not work.

And this will prevent you from virus when you insert a usb disk.

But remember that double clicking on the usb drive is still dangerous. :)

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

To delete autorun.Inf Attirb -are -h -s autorun.Inf . ThenDel autorun.Inf . But it not completely works for removal from flash disk.And I have the next NoeNoeJetma.Vbs.Please help me to delete these files from my flash disks.-reply by Okia