xisto Community
ZaM0

Which Messenger Do You Use?

Which messanger do you use?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In Bulgaria, the most used is Skype. I really don't know a man, using ICQ for example. What about the foreign countries? I'm really interested :D I also would chose Skype, couse of it's much plusses, as high-quality voice, lightweightness, much emoticons ( :) ), and the easy to remember login name (compared to the ICQ numbers :P It isn't a problem to remember it, but if you have to remember 10 numbers, you will get sick...)

Under Windows XP I use Trillian Basic. This let's me pull in accounts from Yahoo, AIM and MSN (when I'm unfortunate enough to have to use it.) But the majority of my contacts are on Yahoo Instant Messenger. Under Linux I usually use GYachE for a Yahoo client. I spent some time with Pidgin but had all sorts of bizarre things happening. Friends seeing me constantly drop and reconnect, font sizes changing and occasionally I wouldn't get messages at all. Not just delayed messages that were delivered the next time it reconnected, they were never received.Meebo is nice, but the draw rate on my linux box is slow and I don't like having to maintain an open web page to use it. It also doesn't seem to get my attention from different virtual desktops and as I consider that a major benefit of Gnome, that's a big drawback.The one I'm waiting for is Trillian Astra. Cerulean Studio's web site hints at the back end being linux compatible. Has anyone heard more about that?

Arround here (Portugal) everybody uses MSN Messenger so I have to use it too. But one of this days I?m gonna start using one of those instant messengers that work whith sever accounts (MSN,Yahoo,...)

I, like Osangar, use Trillian for the same reasons. Most of my contacts are on ICQ tho. I don't pull it up that often tho, as I am usually too busy when on line to chat with people. Like making posts here at Trap 17. :)

Nowadays I only have MSN left, allthough I rarely sign in.Before I also used Trillian untill all my contacts from Yahoo and AIM faded away.Even my MSN has 18 contacts left from the 109 lol

I use MSN and a local service of china named tencent QQ same time.

From the beginning, I only use MSN, but most people I want to contact use tencent QQ, the situation compeled me to join tencent QQ to keep contact with them.

So I quite agree with what DeMOnFiRe said:

it just depends on who I'm talking too

I use mostly Yahoo Messenger becuase most of my friends have Yahoo accounts but I use meebo.com so that I can handle my accounts with different messengers (MSN, IRC). :)

I use Windows Live Messenger. I dont know if that's msn or not... I've only heard of yahoo messenger other than msn, i didnt know there were many more. With Windows Live Messenger I also use Messenger Plus live, which I found a link to from this site.

The only one I used for any length of time was icq. I did like it. Later I tried MSN, and yahoo, but one or the other threw my computer into terrible tantrums and I ended up removing both programs. My sister in law has AOL, and all the weird noises it makes drives me crazy. When I got my new computer, I never bothered to add another im program. Most of the time when I am online, I'm trying to work, and the instant messages are a bit of a nusance, interupting my train of thought, then I never get anyting done. I get side tracked too easily, and it's easier to goof off and chat with friends than to make myself do something constructive. :)

personally, I havent seen anyone that uses ICQ. I have been using Yahoo! messenger for more than 5 years now. I also use MSN (Windows Live Messenger) and the Instant messenger which is incorporated into the P2P program, Imesh. These are great. I use all of them whether I am on Windows XP or Windows Vista.But while on Linux, I use the Linux Instant messenger, GAIM.

I use AIM, MSN, and Yahoo... but I have none of them installed on my PC. I use one of the online browser based messenger that hosts all of them. (I'd say the name but I think that might be considered advertising)

Used to use Trillian, but since most of my friends back from the high school days, and those i chat to online from way back when I started years ago is on MSN. Decided to switch back to mainly MSN. When I started, I used ICQ like most of the current MSN users, but everyone eventually made the switch to MSN, Yahoo or both. Those that used both eventually switch to the Trillian client, which in turn supports multiple messengers in the one application.

Trillian Pro is what I use.It basically supports every platform... I don't see why people don't just use Trillian instead of the dedicated programs for their mediums.With Trillian, you can talk to your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, and even Jabber and Rendevous (even though I've never heard of anyone use either of those mediums).There are emoticons, emote sounds, video conferencing, file sharing, and other features that are common to most instant messaging clients.You can have multiple profiles and away messages. You can also sign on as multiple people. :)