xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZaM0

Jessica The Dog

Hello!

I will start from here - in Bulgaria it is not unusual to see a roofless dog, walking out the streets. But that roofless dog, which I will talk about, isn't like the other ones. It is vital, full of energy. In the day, she plays with the kids of the near block of flats. She has hot character, but she is not dangerous. She never attacked a human. I like it, also my dog likes her. They play much, and I have nothing against her, I even support her with bringing food and water outside, so she never to be thursty or hungry. As me, the other citizens around her are giving her food.

But one day, one women, were throwed down on the asphalt, couse of the angry Jessica. I heard that the woman provoked her (I saw the people talking that she stepped on her paws!), and I'm sure of that. She didn't byte it, only got her down.

After few hours, I saw the angry husband of the women, with a ski stick, running after her. In his anger, he tried to hit her. That continued 1 hour, but Jessica succeded to run away and got her skin whole...

Some people discussed, that he musted to call the appropriate agency, they to deal with her. But why Jessica is guilty? What did she done wrong? Why don't he run after his life with the stick?

Also, about the dog cleaning from the Bulgarian streets - why do the dogs deserve to die? In here, the dogs are tooken out from the streets and they are putted in asylums, where they got killed with injection after few weeks/month...

I also like to hear comments about humane way for dealing with the dogs. I don't think there is such thing - they are born to be free, and I think that they will be tortured by putting them into small apartments, or tieing them to spike in the village...

Please, comment this incident.

I guess dogs running at large are treated the same here (USA) as in your country. They are only trying to survive. People just don't seem to be very tolerant of stray animals, as witnessed by your experience. Most are on the streets because someone neglected to care for them or just dumped them off. We do have a Humane Society here that tries to catch these strays and find them warm loving homes. But, alas, most of the time they are snagged by a local "pound" where they are kept for a few days and then put to sleep if nobody steps forward to adopt them.