xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
9block

Freedom Advanced Few Questions...

I am interested in Xisto - Web Hosting's Freedom Advanced plan. 10GB of Diskspace/250GB Bandwidth for $14.95 a month.Is the domain free even if I choose to pay monthly?Will the prices ever change; Will they go up or down?Are the servers faster/more reliable than Xisto? (Xisto is a good service, just wondering if quality increases with payment)Is the activation immediate?*edit.. new question: If I go over the bandwidth limit, does my site show an error until next month, or do I get charged with fees. And can I upgrade bandwidth/space if I need to in future?PS: In the flash at top of website, Difference is spelt Diffrence. lol, just so you know :)

Edited by 9block (see edit history)

Hello,

Is the domain free even if I choose to pay monthly?
The domain is renewed on a yearly basis not on a monthly basis, so when you pay for FREEDOM you get the domain for the whole year. Yes your domain will be free even if you pay monthly.

[qute]Will the prices ever change; Will they go up or down?

No, the prices will not fluctuate and if they ever do then please do not worry for we will give you a discount :)

Are the servers faster/more reliable than Xisto? (Xisto is a good service, just wondering if quality increases with payment)
Yes, the servers are faster and more reliable. Paid hosted members are usually on a different server than the Free hosted members.

Is the activation immediate?

It depends on when you make the order and the payment gateway you choose. Usually we wait for some time before activateing an order to make sure that the account is not a fraudulent one. Rest assured though that your order will not processed later than 18 hours.

*edit.. new question: If I go over the bandwidth limit, does my site show an error until next month, or do I get charged with fees. And can I upgrade bandwidth/space if I need to in future?

You will not be charged for crossing your bandwidth limit, when you almost reach your bandwidth limit an email will be sent to you asking you to either upgrade or delete some files. If you do not then your site gets automatically suspended. You can upgrade and downgrade as many times as you wish and you will not get charged for that.

When you sign up please leave your Xisto username or Cpanel username in the referrer section. Let me know if you have any more doubts

well i appreciate your help. I ended up going with a different provider, sorry :) Ill show you my reasons.If Xisto - Web Hosting is anything like Xisto - it is a very good host. Support is friendly yet professional. Only problem I had with support was the three day waiting period on the pre-sale question. Not a big deal. My main problem was freedom plan is roughly $15/mo for 250GB bandwidth and 10GB space. I needed slightly more space - 20GB for now, possibly more in the future and 250GB would not help my quickly growing site. I found another host of which i pay $8/mo ($4 if i went yearly) for 3000GB bandwidth and 300GB space. This should cover my bandwidth costs for a while even though I believe before I even hit that quote I will need to upgrade to a dedi for quality/speed purposes. Still, it is cheaper and gives me alot more room to play. Plus support was instant because it is a big company.Im sorry for not supporting Xisto - Web Hosting. Im sure Xisto - Web Hosting is a great service, considering Xisto is the same service and I would still recommend Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting to any friend/web designer. You can possibly see a dedicated server purchased in the (far) future pending success of my current website. Thank you very much for your services! Great service.