xisto Community
varalu

Godaddy Or Yahoo Domains Help me to Choose...

Hi people...

I am in great need. Looking forward for your help.
I am in the process of getting a domain name...but got into the mess of selecting an domain name provider.

From suggestions i have short listed the list to 2.
It will be either godaddy.com or from Yahoo Domains.

But from the reviews, i can see that both the providers have pros and cons... But i want to be with the better provider.
Also my concern is with

1. Ease of use
2. Easy configuration
3. Easy to manage
4. Full Control
5. Feature rich
6. No issues -- like selling your domains to others....
I am mentioning this because there has been some issues like this -- More about that here
6. Support (both email and phone)

and of course the plan should be cheap.

Please advice me on this.

I've honestly never bought a webdomain, so make sure to get (more than one) second opinions before listening to my suggestion. I've heard numerous stories about it being hell to work with godaddy.com if you ever choose to change a domain name, or transfer a domain to a different host/domain company. So just look around and see what exactly it is people complain about when it comes to godaddy. If you find that you won't have to worry about most of those things (that they really won't apply to you) then you might want to go ahead. Otherwise, it may be wiser to avoid godaddy.

I hear that yahoo domains are quite popular. If I bought a domain name, i probably would have bought hosting too, so I havent actually used yahoo before. I was going to though, because that had this deal where you could buy a domain name for something like $2.99 for the first year. That was the cheapest I came accross when i was looking for a domain name service to buy a domain name from. It looks like they do not have that deal any more though. Oh well, its back to $9.95/year.

By all means the best is https://xisto.com/. Xisto's domains. If you want to try it out Xisto gives it for free but they cost about 280 creds. Look into the news topics and see OpAQes post about. By far i say they are the best. But if your narroqing your search to those two i say yahoo. cos yahoo is a dedicated service. They wouldn't do anything to spoil their name. Cause they think if their domain name go down it will be the perfect chance for google to create a domain service and google will go up in the ratings

By all means the best is https://xisto.com/. Xisto's domains. If you want to try it out Xisto gives it for free but they cost about 280 creds. Look into the news topics and see OpAQes post about. By far i say they are the best. But if your narroqing your search to those two i say yahoo. cos yahoo is a dedicated service. They wouldn't do anything to spoil their name. Cause they think if their domain name go down it will be the perfect chance for google to create a domain service and google will go up in the ratings

well a comparation between yahoo and godaddy i suggest that godaddy.com has the easiest control panel , he has Metropolis where you can find all kinds af scripts , ecomerce , forums , joomla , wordpad etc. and with one single click you they install it for you and more more nice settings ,, speaking of yahoo never bought with them

Yeah i would either go with xisto's domains or godaddy. I have been using godaddy for a while now since one of the main companies i do web development for already had an account with them so it was what i had to use. Their support is good (and available 24-7) and they offer a good number of features. However, if you are going to email hosting with your site on a major level, just warning they only support POP3 and not IMAP which is a huge downfall. I have not used Xisto's domains but since i have been around Xisto for a while, i would definitely use them next time if i have the option.

@carson

I was going to though, because that had this deal where you could buy a domain name for something like $2.99 for the first year. It looks like they do not have that deal any more though. Oh well, its back to $9.95/year.

hey Carson... That offer is still there. Actually i got the domain from Yahoo. And the offer that you were saying about is not $2.99...its $1.99 and that too only for the new members and again only for the first year. From the second year regular charges apply... But this offer will not be visible in the home page. Do a little search in google and go to that offer page.

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains?p=bestdeal

The above is the page where you will see the $1.99 offer (only for the first year).

The cpanel is good and easy in yahoo to do configuration, though i have never used godaddy. I am pretty much satisfied with what yahoo provides (atleast as a beginner....these things are enough for me).

I haven't brought a domain, ever. BUT when you look around at other sites, the majority purcahse from godaddy.com. They must for a reason, so I suggest you try thsoe guys out.Domains don't cost too much, if you don't like their services just change to yahoo.