xisto Community
Carson

Ms Office Question

I have a Dutch copy of MS Office 2003 on my computer, with no Multilingual User Interface. I study Information Management and Support, which is as good as solely computer work.Now at school, they prefer to use the English version of Office 2k3. This is a royal pain, mostly in Excel, all the functions being in Dutch on my copy. Now my question is: Can I download (or buy?) the MUI package separately and upgrade my Office copy with it, or is Bill Gates too greedy again and do I have to buy a whole new copy?I've been looking all over for an answer on this one...

Although this page is for office 2OO7 you might find a useful link: https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msde/de_DE/cat/categoryID.64873300

If you have office 2OO7 then you can buy a Dutch language pack, if youve got another version then check the site fr other language packs.

If all else fails try Open Office as its free software it can act as a bridge between the two versions so i would try googling and downloading open office if you cant find the language pack.

I found these resources, they might help you

Overview of Office 2003 Multilingual Resources
Customizing and Installing Office 2003 MUI Packs

I think that there would be no need to get a new copy of Office 2003 to change the Language, get yourself a MUI pack and u can use it in English and in your localized language at a time.

More links to help you,

Office 2003 Resource Kit Downloads
Office 2003 Resource Kit Localized Downloads

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

As far as I know you can integrate other languge in the office somewhere from the microsoft site however I am having really hard time finding such site. But nontheless I am sure that there are different language dictioneries and that you can donwload one and integrate it in your office package and then it would be available to every part of office package. I think that the only thing you have to do is to go to microsoft site and search a bit more then me and then check it out, download it and past it in certain directory. Good luck in finidng. Otherwise some hacker site certainly has appropriate solution to this.