xisto Community
Shahid

Bugs With Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Information

Hi !!!Can You Please Tell Me What Bugs Did You Found In Windows XP Service Pack 2 ??I Want To Share All The Bugs I Found In Windows XP Service Pack 2 With Others Too ...Please Take Attention !

Can You Please Tell Me What Bugs Did You Found In Windows XP Service Pack 2 ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've read something about Div-x codec won't work with XP service pack 2, but mine works fine.. Some other bugs that i found:

- when i've pushed reset button once, computer rebooted, windows was attempting to make scandisk, and erased all my desktop and user date, blanking it to empty acount, like i've created new account.

- no other bugs found...

I've read something about Div-x codec won't work with XP service pack 2, but mine works fine.. Some other bugs that i found:

- when i've pushed reset button once, computer rebooted, windows was attempting to make scandisk, and erased all my desktop and user date, blanking it to empty acount, like i've created new account.

- no other bugs found...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is odd, i have run windows SP2 for a long time now with no real problems. Then the other day windows crashed while i was in WMP10, it said all plugins had been reset and i got a odd error, sicne i cant play any divx in WMP10 or in ares, i can use my divx player, but otherwise i dont really understand whats happend, and how to fix it.

Well.... I found that every time i installed it my internet stopped working. It connected properly but it could not visit any pages. After an hour of trying to fix it and even reinstalling windows I uninstalled the service pack 2 and my computer was back to normal with a working internet. Why is this happening?

experts (including some magazines) have stated that SP2 is just a waste of space and that it creates more bugs than fixing them. My dad's laptop crashed (and had to reinstall) after he had SP2.If you need to use a secure system, get Linux, Mac or FreeBSD/NetBSDxboxrulz

The biggest number of problems concerning Windows XP SP2 is connected to it's new internet security policy - the build in firewall. And what goes with that, mostly the programs using network connections may be failing or will stop responding. But in most cases you can set the firewall in a proper way, so the programs would start.

Some programs that may work inpropertly are listed on these Microsft sites:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/842242

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/884130

i used all windows versions till now, and all i can say that windows xp SP2 is best solution for me! ;) I hope u agree?!my computer with this windows is very stabile, and i didnt found any bugs...You should try it!!! ;)

So far i think it depends on your computer so far its working great on my Dell XPS but on older computers that are built around 2001 or 2002 they aren't so good lots of problems like some mention earlier in this thread.

dwwin.exe error reporting ERROR when I shut down... VERY DISTURBING...I recommend using Windows 2000 because my XP is just horrible: slow (I have 2GHz Processor with 512MB RAM!!! It uses up half of it just like that! *snaps fingers*), internet explorer is screwed up (because of the activeX blocker thingy) and I don't like the security center! :rolleyes:

Don't get SP2!Wow...if you can at all avoid it, do. Before I got SP2 (even with XP), my computer NEVER crashed...or did so maybe once every 3 months. Now it does it regularly (with SP2).And the firewall is a completely different story. It limits connections that can be established by P2P software (at least the kind that I have, which isn't cool), and it blocks stupid stuff like Firefox! I mean...that's a freaking browser, and it gets blocked!Argh...I hate it. And I've read tons of stuff that says that SP2 just makes your computer more vunerable to attacks. If it wasn't for PCCillin'...I would probably be in big trouble.

Your PC keeps crashing?Try and update all of your device drivers, maybe they are not compatible with SP2.Anyway, WinXP+SP2 is running fine on my AMD Athlon 2500+ with 256MB of RAM.There is a major bug in the PPPoE support in SP2.If you are using PPPoE to connect to your ISP, avoid using SP2, or use third party software drivers for PPPoE to connect.As far as I'm concerned, SP2 is just what the doctor ordered if you are concerned about your security, and the pop-up blocker is simply great!

well, mine seems really good on my 800mhz pc...been using winxp sp2 for 4+ months, and i nv encounter any real problems. only thing i hate bout sp2 is the built in firewall. is there any way i can remove the security centre?if urs keeps giving u probs, then maybe the windows update might fix it..

Dude, the Windows XP build in Firewall is a life saveR! Atleast it keeps away those Blaster worms.BUG ENCOUNTERED IN WINDOWS XPMy mouse pointer moves automatically across the sceen. This usually happens when I keep it stationary. The pointer moves automatically across the sceen. It is really a headache.I saw this same thing at my friends place too but se said that switching his mouse port from PS2 to USB, The movement stopped.Has anyone expreienced the same ?

My computer was pretty damn good with SP2 but it didn't allow me to dl music from WinMX for some reason. I am not entirely sure why but I did what was recommended and it still didn't work. So I just got rid of SP2.