xisto Community
coolcat50

I`m New To Javascript.

Does anybody know where I can find a good site to teach me more than I already know. I know about functions and how to set up alert scripts. I really wanna make a counter script.

Well, I learned Java Script (the first ever language I learned) from a tutorial I bought and then downloaded of the web for about $8.00 USD from Web teacher, but you probably don't want to pay for that though.. It is called "Java Script for the Total Non-Programmer". In fact, I still use it today, and will probably look at their CGI/Perl Tutorial. :)

Anyway, Looks like you have a pretty good start in learning the language from what you have posted. :D A good website to finish where you left of learning Java Script is W3 Schools. A little about W3 Schools -- Its The Largest Webmaster/Developer's Resource on the net today. They use Full Web Building References and Try-It-Yourself On-Line Examples to help you better comprehend their Tutorials. Click here to go directly to their Java Script Tutorial. You can also try JavaScript Source or JavaScript.com . Both of these sites are by Jupiter Media. These are some of the biggest Java Script Sites on the net today too. You can search through there scripts and find their counter script, and see how you make it and mold your own out of that one. Their newsletter also provides helpful and latest Java Script information. :P There are also many other good tutorials out there. I searched and found this other site too called Java Script Mall; I glanced over their tutorial and it looks like it would help you also. Click Here to go directly to the Contents Page.

Good Luck on your Journey into the rest of the Internet Phenom, Java Script! :D

Edited by kab012345 (see edit history)

Thanks!Javascript is my 3rd language and I'm still getting the hand of it.

I also recommend W3School because that's the site I used to learn from. HTML and JavaScript and else.
But, anyone know a group (mailing list) for Javascript-interested group?

Whenever I can't get something to work, I usually just Google it, and W3Schools is usually one of the first things to come up, and it's usually the one that has the best solutions. I think it's the first site I went to to learn javaScript, and I just went through the first couple of things to understand the syntax, and started trying stuff on my own until I try something that doesn't work, and I Google it again.With almost any language, if you want to learn it fast, you can probably just google it. That's what I've done with HTML, Javascript, Java, C, C++, PHP, and Python. I'm still looking in to Python, though. I don't know everything about ever single one, but I know enough, that if I have a problem I can fix it either with basic debugging skills, google, or Xisto.