xisto Community
jlhaslip

Faux Ajax Loading - Css Only Pretend your site is Ajax based

Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Check that out. The first page has information and the second and has the actual example of its use with sample CSS code.

I find that when you visit a site which has a slow server and attempt to view 'large' Image files, it is pretty boring to sit and stare at a blank screen, so this little snippet of code can be used to give the visitor something to see to indicate that the image is being downloaded. I built a small animated gif that sits in the background of the space allocated for the image and it 'rotates' while the Image loads. Once the image is downloaded, the background gif is gone.

Hope you find this helpful.

Yeah man this is really cool I wanted to have somethign like this.But I don't think that this might get some wider use in nthe times of broad band connections and those who are making their sites for picture and image hosting and storage will probably find some fast servers instead of the slow ones.

That is actually pretty cool. It would be really useful for large images as you said (even with bandwidth connections) since it kind of acts as a placeholder and avoids that sort of 'empty' feeling you get when an image is loading and you just see a blank spot on a page.