xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bradley908

Trap17 - Sounds Too Good To Be True... ...this hoster sounds amazing

These are just some of the features it provides...

Bandwidth limit 10,000 MB/month.MySQL databases.
Cpanel.
Fantastico.
phpBB, InvisionBoard.
Cron.
Statistics.
SSL Secure Server.
POP3, SMTP, Forwarding, MX change, Web-based Email.
Custom error pages.
TCL.
JSP.
Addon domains.

For free? YES!

And on http://free-web-hosts.com/, it has received 70% 10/10 votes!

Can't wait to get hosting with this provider.

I was with newsit.es, but they didnt have SMTP!, that is the feature I am looking for!
Notice from jlhaslip:
No exactly spamming, but please quote non-original material.
Also, please do not sign-off your posts. Please use the signature block in your profile.
Thanks.
Forum Help Link Here
Board Rules
Xisto Readme

PS: I hope I am not spamming...

Hey, welcome to T17!At first i thought it was too good to be true, to the point i thought it could be a scam :) but its not, as you can see im a hosted member and its all fr real and totally free and so far for me its been great, hope to see you around more often!

Ah is good to read that, never heard of this sort of thing before so have been a bit sceptical about it all, i just didn't want a site with lots of advertising on like u get with most free hostsCaz

i just didn't want a site with lots of advertising on like u get with most free hosts

Nope, nice and ad free, i believe they suggest placing a link on your site but if its not there then i dont think your site will be deleted, i chose to display a text link in my navigation menu as i think the trap deserves its 15 minutes of fame for the services ive got

Just remember to read the README topic that is linked above the shoutbox then you'll have no problems using the forums and such.

I should strongly stress that "advertising Xisto" or "back link to Xisto" is purely on a volunteer basis. You are never obligated or coerced to advertise someone else's message with your hosting site(s)--not even ads of Xisto, your Free Web Hosting, no ads provider :)

We state that you kindly link back to Xisto so that Xisto gains popularity. The more popular Xisto becomes, the more great services and features Xisto can provide. It's no secrete that just few months ago our highest free hosting plan only offered 150MB with 5000MB bandwidth. Since the growth of Xisto forum and its reputation, the owner of this board (OpaQue) increased hosting plan 2 to 500MB with 10000MB bandwidth. Even the forum is ADVERTISEMENT FREE to all registered members of Xisto forum.

~~ da da da da da~~ I'm lovin' it (<--this is the trademark of a company :P)

~~ da da da da da~~ I'm lovin' it (<--this is the trademark of a company :P)

It's a silly company.

BTW, There is no "free lunch". Not even at Xisto.com or Xisto. The people who work at the physical office get paid real money (except Opaque. I hear he'll actually do an entire shift for a six-pack :) ) to maintain, monitor, and resolve trouble with all the servers that are there serving your "free" sites and it all requires capital, quite a lot I'd imagine, to keep it all working. What it all comes down to is interesting content and insightful discussion are a valuable commodity in today's information starved world. So what you need to do in return for your web hosting is contribute in a meaningful, informative, and regular basis. With this, your hosting is paid.

These are just some of the features it provides...For free? YES!

And on http://free-web-hosts.com/, it has received 70% 10/10 votes!

Can't wait to get hosting with this provider.

I was with newsit.es, but they didnt have SMTP!, that is the feature I am looking for!

Notice from jlhaslip:
No exactly spamming, but please quote non-original material.
Also, please do not sign-off your posts. Please use the signature block in your profile.
Thanks.
Forum Help Link Here
Board Rules
Xisto Readme

PS: I hope I am not spamming...

Every once in a while a ray of hope shines through the clouds of cynicism and despair. Sometimes, when it seems to good to be true, its true. And when that's the case, its very very good. The hosting IS as promised. And, that's a good thing!