xisto Community
varalu

Google Chat -- Blocked ? chat in gmail blocked by administrator.... no worries.

Is google Chat inside gmail blocked in school, college or office by your network admistrator ??Do not have sufficient rights to install gtalk ?No worries...There is always another way to use it....1. Sign into your customized google home page (igoogle) -- Go to google.com and click signin on the right upper corner of the page.2. Go to add gadgets3. Select "Communication Category"4. Select google Chat gadget to be shown on your home page....5. Yahooooooooooooooooo... Your friends are ready to chat with you....There is also yet another advantage in this google gadget. Group chat is possible in this gadget which is not possible otherwise.Invite all your friends and discuss things.Have fun and enjoy.Post your reviews here.

Is google Chat inside gmail blocked in school, college or office by your network admistrator ??Do not have sufficient rights to install gtalk ?

If a program is being blocked by a School, college or office, what does that tell you????

It means that you should be working and not chatting to your Mates online.

Network Administrators have good reason to block certain content that they feel would keep you from working to much of a distraction.

Plus if you get busted for such activities, knowing full well it was against school or company policy, then you have yourself to blame.

HAHAHAHA cool I haven't realased that you can do that that is I haven't ever though abou it as I have almost everything open. But then again you could never know when you might just need that something.

@chaosdesignI guess You must be one of the network administrators. :)... just kidding.You are right.... But i was just curious to post because,.... i was happy that i discovered this.@hitmanbloodI am happy that they blocked...was able to get other ways and end up in group chat. :P

in my classes when i was in college our I.T. teacher showed us a good way to get around the blocked ports for the im clients http://meebo.com/ is great... been using them bout a year or more now... they have alot of good features also (if you create a free account)... everyone should at least give it a shot

i will defenetly try both ways out.. but from experience, most igoogle gadgets are blocked.. [i tried the youtube/myspace/ another one a while ago] as for the google chat, my aim works sometimes.. just sometimes lol.

but yeah not like it matters anyways.. my school blocked outside gadgets from accessing the schools wi5 connection, so even though i have to password i cant get on the inte from my itouch

Can we check the source IP of Chat Gmail?Google Chat -- Blocked ?

Hello ,

Can anyone help me if we have the way to see the souce IP of a person who chat with us in google talk?

As for email you received , you can see in the email header of the source IP where that email sent from?But got Chat in gmail  ,how can we check? Anyone know , please please tell me too..

Thanks a lot ,

Idd