xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
komigen

Hey Missed this little subforum, just saying hi

Hello!I'm a 19 year old art student from scandinavia..In my free time I like to experiment with electronic music and make digital art.<--- yes, I actually look like that ^__^I used to play games alot before my studies began so I know a bit about that stuff..Will be posting/helping out where I can at the forums, my english isin't good enough for any advanced debates but I manage replying to simpler topics.Cheers!

Haha... looks like you have a good sense of humor. :) Welcome to Xisto. If you're into digital arts, consider utilizing the web hosting service here and host your works. Pick up web design and you may actually end up with a portfolio for others to look at and even maybe request your services in the future. :P

hey, welcome to the board!Looks like you've already made yourself at home though :) What kind of a website are you looking to have hosted by here? One for art or games? or something else?

Hey guys :)Something else, Thing, I'm going to create a personal website where I post articles and invite friends to write articles about anything. I have a few made allready so the site won't be empty when it goes online.And allso I'm going to draw a comic strip every day and put it up there. Nothing fancy though.And more stuff as soon as I get more ideas. Feel free to suggest!Ray... thats not a bad thought but we'll have to see how things turn out.I've got 34.01 points allready which is the required amount for the #2 package but I haven't finished coding the site yet (not even half the work is done) lol so it'll take some time before it's up.What I haven't decided yet is wether to make the page in english or my native language (swedish). I guess the upside with making it in english would be that I can reach out to a wider audience.. The upside with putting everything in swedish is that it would be more personal + the fact that swedish is much easier for me to write in and get said what I want to say..And the downsides of both are obviously the opposites of the upsides..What would you recommend?

Hey guys :)
Something else, Thing, I'm going to create a personal website where I post articles and invite friends to write articles about anything. I have a few made allready so the site won't be empty when it goes online.

And allso I'm going to draw a comic strip every day and put it up there. Nothing fancy though.

And more stuff as soon as I get more ideas. Feel free to suggest!

Ray... thats not a bad thought but we'll have to see how things turn out.

I've got 34.01 points allready which is the required amount for the #2 package but I haven't finished coding the site yet (not even half the work is done) lol so it'll take some time before it's up.

What I haven't decided yet is wether to make the page in english or my native language (swedish). I guess the upside with making it in english would be that I can reach out to a wider audience.. The upside with putting everything in swedish is that it would be more personal + the fact that swedish is much easier for me to write in and get said what I want to say..

And the downsides of both are obviously the opposites of the upsides..

What would you recommend?

Gateway.

Design your web site in a Swedish and English flavor. Or use Javascript to dynamically write out the language of the viewer's choice based on a stored cookie.

What I'm planning on doing, aside from figuring out what I want to do with a web site, is to design the whole thing locally, test it for bugs and unsightly content, and clean it up before actually asking for hosting, uploading, and then displaying the "finished" product. I assume that you are doing the same?

Oh, yeah, definatly.

I'm not in a hurry to get it up so I get to focus on getting it free of bugs and extra unsighty content :)

In both languages, huh. That would mean that the articles and strips would allso come in two versions.. I'm not sure I got the skills or, more importantly the time to do that :/ It would be neat though.

Unfortunatly, I can't write javascript so thats out of the question here :P

And allso some kind of comment system would be nice.. Guess I'll have to brush up on my php/mysql skills for that.

Argh, this is gonna take some time.

Welcome to Xisto! :)I guess you have already read the Xisto ReadMe and Shoutbox Rules. If not, then go and have a look at them, the links are on the red bar in the shoutbox. And you better slow down on the posting now as when you'll apply for hosting, all your credits would be taken and you would be left with 2 or 3 for the initial stability of your account. So it's like if you have 50 while applying, you'll still have 2 or 3 left in the end after you get your hosting!I would really love to have a look at your site! Personal web-pages are fun. :P Good luck with it!

I have over 50 and my page isin't half done yet :/Anyone want 20 points? :) or can I even donate before I'm hosted?--EDITI just looked and it says I have over 60, damn I thought I could save up points before I get my site so I'll have time to fill it with content in the first months or so. Thats disapointing.

Edited by komigen (see edit history)

Hello komigen Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Looks like you have already got the hang of this posting thing. Lots of interesting exchanges right here on your intro. Very Good! You will find the people here are all very friendly and helpful, as witnessed by the responses above. I know you will enjoy your stay with us. Hope you don't outgrow Trap 17 too soon with all your ambitions. :P

You can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17 if you still need that :) .