xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MiniK

Cherub

Hey. This is my first post. :)

I just wanted to know if anybody's heard of the CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore. It's a series of books for teenagers about a boy called James who is recruited into CHERUB. Criminals often use children to aid them in crime, CHERUB believes that they can use children to get back at the criminals.

What is CHERUB?

CHERUB is a branch of British Intelligence. Its agents are aged between 10 and 17 years. Cherubs are all orphans who have been taken out of care homes and trained to work undercover. They live on CHERUB Campus, a secret facility hidden in the English countryside.

What use are kids as intelligence agents?

Quite a lot. Nobody realises kids do undercover missions, which means they can get away with all kinds of stuff that adults can?t.

I would recommend the books to anybody. For more information about the books, you can visit the official website at http://www.cherubcampus.com/.

I think they're great, and I know there are a few more hard core fans on Xisto.com lolI think you have to be over 12 to enjoy them but I know of fans up to the age of 20 enjoying them haha

Haha, CHERUB . . . those books are awesome.The idea sounds ridiculous, a pretty big network using kids as spies, but the way the story is told and written, with all the background info about CHERUB campus and various training methods and exercises, Robert Muchamore actually makes it sound believable ? it sounds real, like it actually could exist. Maybe a part of the ?realness? comes from the fact that the kids actually do behave like kids, even though they?re spies. Random thought: James is a good CHERUB agent, but I swear he has some sort of inability to NOT get together with a new girl every mission he goes on, even if he?s already with someone (coughKerryandDana).