xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Microsoft Excell 2007 Bug

I just saw this today and I thought I post it and everyone can enjoy the laugh on how this was missed or how this happen.

In a blog post, Microsoft employee David Gainer said that when computer users tried to get Excel 2007 to multiply some pairs of numbers and the result was 65,535, Excel would incorrectly display 100,000 as the answer.
Gainer said Excel makes mistakes multiplying 77.1 by 850, 10.2 by 6,425 and 20.4 by 3,212.5, but the program appears to be able to handle 16,383.75 times 4.

"Further testing showed a similar phenomenon with 65,536 as well," Gainer wrote Tuesday.

He said Excel was actually performing the calculations correctly, but when it comes time to show the answer on the screen, it messes up.

Gainer said the bug is limited to six numbers from 65,534.99999999995 to 65,535, and six numbers from 65,535.99999999995 to 65,536, and that Microsoft is working hard to fix the problem.

I find it interesting that they updated the source code from 2003 to 2007, yeah it has to do with vista and the layout to the Microsoft 2007 suite. Yeah I even tried it on excell 2003 to see if it showed up, and no it didn't. Its interesting how this number is being affected by this bug and not other number. Well I am glad I don't have the 2007 office suite then :).

Well I have it and Excel really shows some more problems. But I expect that they will be fixed in some near future.Like what am I experiencing, when I work in excel and then want to live it I am doing longer time and I don't save my document but in the middle I hibernated my computer as I am using laptop so it hibernates after certain time and then when I start it again adn go to excel everything works fine but when I close it down without saving my files that is my document, then I have problem excel returns some strange error and then it starts again returns error and eventually stops. I don't know why is this happening but it is really interesting.