xisto Community
kab012345

Mac Programming Languages? What are some good ones?

What are some good Mac Programming Languages? :D I have a friend from school who is like obssed with Mac and Linux (And thinks windows sucks when it doesn't :D ), and it would be cool if I could learn some Mac Programming languages aside from what I already know about Programming, so I could make some cool programs for mac too, show off, and beat him at his own game. :P Also, do you know any good Linux Programming Languages? :) Thanks B)- kab012345

Edited by kab012345 (see edit history)

You could always use Java (for any OS), seeing as how it is platform-independent. The way it works is that when you download the Java Runtime Environment, and run Java code, the code (bytecodes) is interpreted line by line as it runs it. Therefore, Java programs can be run on any system, so you (or your friend) might want to take a look at it if you don't already know it.

Virtually all popular programming languages nowadays will run on any platform. Most common langauges taht would work on any system would be java, c++, and basic. I would suggest a compiler that can export to a .app file if your trying c++. I'd suggest xcode, but that is only for macs. You might just have to send him the code and have him compile and execute it.Besides, your friend is right about mac. It owns! :)

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Java has its advantages and disadvantages. If he likes it, why shouldn't he program with it? Most Java applets are cross-platform if not all. Also, if he happens to like to program in it then enjoy the product, why shouldn't he?