xisto Community
zak92

My 1st Recipe Did this while lying down on bed.

Green Beans (Gujerati) 1 lb. fresh green beans 4 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 tablespoon black mustard seed 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped 1 hot red dried chile, crushed 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar Black pepper to taste Trim the beans and cut into 1.inch lengths. Blanch by dropping them into a pot of boiling water and boiling rapidly for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a collander, rinse under cold running water and set aside. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add mustard seeds. As soon as they begin to pop, add garlic and stir until lightly brown. Add crushed red chile and stir for a few seconds. Add green beans, salt and sugar. Stir to mix. Turn heat to medium/low. Stir and cook the beans for 7 to 8 minutes until they have absorbed the spiced flavors. Add black pepper, mix and serve.

Sounds good to me! :) I will try to make them some time, and tell you what I think. :D I bet my dad would love to try this recipe, since he loves green beans, and eats them with almost anything. :P

Edited by kab012345 (see edit history)

I love green beans! The recipe sounds great and I will definitely try it. What kind of taste do the black mustard seeds give it? Is it different from using regular mustard seeds?