xisto Community
birudagmawi

Pc Won't Start Up After New Hardware

I installed a new PCI Video Card for my PC and when I started to boot up the computer nothing came up. Not even the BIOS system checks.I figured the video card I put was broken so I tried another card, it worked. For some reason it won't boot up. Is there a solution to this problem?

Hmm this seems to happen alot. Next time say your computers Os and all that other stuff. But I am assuming it is Xp if it is try to turn you computer on tap F8 over and over untill you get to a screen that lets you choose some option go to Safe Mode and undo all of the changes you did. If worse comes to worse just put in a recovery disc. Tell me if this helped you or not.

Have you tried that card on another system? Also are making sure everything is connected correctly? and no funny business has happen while installing the PCI card? Also is it compatible with your motherboard? Did you disable the onboard video in your CMOS if your motherboard came with it?those questions should help out in answering the problem with your video card as those are the usual common problems when installing one.

I know the source of this problemdoes the graphics card have a power connector on it??? if it does is the power connector connectedIf so what Watt power supply do you have ,if its only a 300 watt supply then you need at least a 450watt supply or it won't boot.On the pakkage it says 300 watt PSU, you need at least 400watt for the computer to run properly.

I have a an old Motherboard it doesn't have an on board video.the video card works, I made sure it did. It is compatible because it worked before and when I tried it again nothing came up.

I have a an old Motherboard it doesn't have an on board video.the video card works, I made sure it did. It is compatible because it worked before and when I tried it again nothing came up.

is the old video card an AGP or PCI, you might need to change the setting for first display adapter.
Also id the old card still in the PC AGP and PCI won't work together

If you computer has 2 agp slots why arent your graphics card in one of them? AGP is meant for graphics because it has a dedicated link to the cpu and memory. I think you might be confused as to which ones are AGP and which are PCI. Now to fix your issue, does you computer boot with the old card still? If so, then it has to do with motherboard compatibility or the card itself. Update the bios for your motherboard and try again. If it still doesnt work, then it has to be your card. WHen you try to power on, do any lights turn on? If no, then you probably dont have a large enough power supply. If yes, then the card either doesnt work or you are missing a connection somewhere.

I have had this kinda experience in the past in which case my computer will never boot into windows desktop after I installed my 128MB GeForce FX5200 Ultra. This is generally the case when I am using a motherboard with an integrated Intel GMA.Well, this is what you are gonna do to get this to start working again.Boot up your PC into Safe mode by pressing thr F8 key immediately after POST (Power On Self Test) and before boot screen comes up. Goto Device manager and disable the integrated video device by right clicking on it and selecting disable. Confirm that you wanna disable it and then restart. That would stop your integrated video from conflicting with your PCI GFX card and everything should work well from there.

PCI video cards usually have a hard time being recognized as the main video card by the BIOS because they're so outdated. I recommend you just upgrade the video card (if you can) and get it over with. It's either that or you getting a new motherboard.

I think that the solution was in fact find by fanatics but as you are not giving any more information in here then I must say also something that problem might be in fact in the Drivers. That is system somehow doesn't recognize your card correctly and that is the main reasons why in the boot process it is searching for other device but there might be also one other thing that you didn't connected plug to your display and that is the reason why you do not see any information if the LED (light emmiting diod) is orange then display does not recieve any information if it is green then it is recieving information from the graphical adapter. So it depends whether you connected all the things properly also problem might be even more trivial and that is that your display cable has some sort of contact and when you connect it iwth yours new graphical card then it shows in fact it doesn't show anything but instead it is closed down and its not working correctly. Did you have any problems with your display that monitor with old graphical card?

Have you checked the specification? what slot do you use?PCIEx(long slot with two or more of a kind)?AGP(I think it usually one slot for one motherboard->it doesn't support dual VGA)?if you are using AGP, There is some kind of it - AGP8x, AGP16x, so if you're motherboard only supports AGP8x, you cannot connect VGA with AGP16x slot(usually the speed of AGP slot written on the motherboard near the slot)if you are using PCIEx, Have you turn off your VGA onBoard(if there is any)?, has you install the VGA driver?the most important think is "did you hear Your motherboard BEEPING(short *bip*)than it means you didn't connect it properly to your motherboard, try to reject and insert it again.