xisto Community
BoSZ

do you consider switching to linux?

do you consider switching to linux?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

maybe in the near future... when apps i find useful are available for linux already. ;)

Why do you need linux? I wouldn't. I tried linux and I got very pissed since I don't know how to use it.I always had to format to get rid of it too. (damn boot loaders)

I don't know about you, but I use linux because it is fast, reliable and virus-proof. Above all, it is free, if I may quote: "Free as in freedom, not as in free beer."It can coexist with other operating systems on the same disk. This is not trouble at all.

I don't see myself switching to Linux for the foreseeable future, as all my work are done using Mac and Windows. There are so few apps that run on Linux I don't see any practical value in it for me. Besides you have to learn the OS from scratch again and time is a very expensive commodity to invest in such an unpractical endeavor.

I don't see myself switching to Linux for the foreseeable future, as all my work are done using Mac and Windows. There are so few apps that run on Linux I don't see any practical value in it for me. Besides you have to learn the OS from scratch again and time is a very expensive commodity to invest in such an unpractical endeavor.

There about 5000 apps for linux, and they all come free of charge. On top of that, there are many commercial packages.

Linux is pretty good. I was using it for a home server once but for some reason red hat is not compatible with all computers :P . That made me very mad so I got stuck using some messed up version called Mandrake and none of Linux software worked with it. :P

im still playing around with linux, but cant get anything i want to do on there. I tried debain, couldnt get KDE working, i tried Mandrakes. Got things working, but i couldn't figure out how to give access rights to my acount so i can modify anything in any folder

What do you mean probobly? The first ever computer virus, courtesy of Robert Morris Jr., was created for UNIX systems (Linux is a flavor of UNIX, for those who don't know).I think the main reason that most viruses are designed to fit around Windows is because most people use Windows, hence making the viruses more likely to have the freedom to spread. On top of that, Windows loves nothing more than giving its uses zero security and millions of bugs, so a lot of viruses take advantage of that (take MS.Blaster, for example - if I remember correctly, it exploited a vulnerability in the Windows' RPC).If more PC users suddenly converted to Nix, then I think you'd find more virii would pop up for those operating systems.

linux is more stable os than windows...i love it!linux is geting better reputation in small countries for his GPL licence, couse people cant aford windows licencing (in my country) now there are inspectors knocking on our dors searching for licenced windows...i just show them my licenced mandrake, and they walk away