xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stevethedog

My Experience Of The Edinburgh Fringe 2007

Not really sure where to put this so here shall do.Any other fringe goers? 1/8Went and saw Andrew Maxwell with Jemma, Dunc & Cat. Twas funny, love the pleasance except from their prices. Good time had by all.A nice 73% for big Andy.Jemma and I then moved on to see Phil Kay at the Teviot. Love the place, it felt like Hogwarts to me. Got to the room where big Phil was playing and stood outside avoiding the muckle queue. Phil came out with his guitar and I started talking to him, much fun. Went in to see him and it was all rather bizarre. Completely unrehearsed, a bird gobbed on a cookie, all rather strange. Funny moments & cringing moments. Shook his hand after the show so that was nice.52% for Phillip.2/8I was sitting at home scratching my bits when Big Legge called me up asking if I wanted to see Reg Hunter, I was like naw, he then said it was in the big moo and I jumped up.Got there and spotted it was sold out, I asked the bint if they had any left she said...."2" I said "YES" she then fannied (a word I saw on countdown yesterday) and said "nope their gone" Cow. So we went and saw Jim Jeffries and queued for half an hour to get in. He had some very funny moments but he is ultra controversial. Not for the feint hearted.61% for Jimmy.We then plodded off and decided to see Tony Lee's XXX AGGRESSIVE hypnotist show. Reason being1) WTF is aggressive hypnosis.2) It was in the big moo.Had to sit in the 2nd row middle, Rory was bricking it as he was wearing a shirt with a giant NEON sign saying TALK TO ME. And this is what Tony Lee did. I swear I could smell the brown stuff. But Rory was safe as he moved on to find who he could take the piss out of.Funny things ensued and then we met Dunc, Cat & Kat after, said hello, laughed and ran away.89% for big Tony, go and see it. Although I'd imagine it could really vary depending on who goes under. Oh and fakers are gay.4/8Saturday was football day, that was fun.5/8As was Sunday but with added Jason Byrne at the Assembley on the mound. That was fun but Jemma was mad cos I wanted to go to the bar and we didn't get seats. I still saw it so all was cool.He was good but forgetable. 71% for Jase from me.6/8And so on rolled Monday which started with hitting my new bats at the range. Fun.Then we got into the good stuff, Debbie Does Dallas the musical in the big moo.While this was an enjoyable show with good singing but very little doing or diddies the one thing I will always remember it for is sitting ten foot away from no other than ROGER TAYLOR, fb. Happy Chris. I didn't pluck up the courage to speak to him though because he was surrounded by a large group of english people being posh, loud, gay and generally annoying. Should have sat with me Rog!Erm so Debbie gets a solid 68%and then on to the Hibs Hearts game which was a mare to find a pub anywhere close to the big moo showing it. Walked into Finnigans who had the game on their screens but told me they would be turning it off. FUDS. Ended up in Sportsters.BRIAN KERR BRIAN KERR BRIAN KERR MAKALAMBAY BRIAN KERR BRIAN KERR96% enjoyment on this one.Then up to puppetry of the penis, some funny bits but all in all it's just me in the bathtub with an audience.27% for the willies.