xisto Community
Forbez

How To Retrieve My Cpanel Password?

I need to get my cpanel password. I've competly lost, I normally rely on my computer to automatically save it. But I hadn't loged into my cpanel for ages so it had forgot all the data. So could one of the admins send me my password, or someone else give me a link to the password recovery system, cause I can't find it.

forbez don't you use firefox? If so go to tools > options > security > then click the show passwords button, it should have it listed unless you delete that list as well. As for IE and Opera I can't even remember and I check the security options for both browser and I must be missing something :). Also I do believe if you send a support ticket to Xisto - Support.com I believe they will send you your password, if none of the options work then do what street mention and reset your password.

I think I may of been hacked. I finally got to log into my cpanel and got this messageat the top left.

Last login from: 222.252.145.194

Posted Image

Could someone confirm is that was just an admin checking my account, or is this serious.

Heres the information on that IP address:

inetnum: 222.252.128.0 - 222.252.255.255netname: vtn-net
descr: Vietnam Telecom National
admin-c: HT251-AP
tech-c: NV54-AP
changed: hm-changed@vnnic.net.vn 20061025
mnt-by: MAINT-VN-VNPT
source: APNIC

Unfortunately I would say it looks like you have been hacked into by the same person who is getting everyone's accounts. As BuffaloHELP said, the attacks seem to be originating in Vietnam, and that IP address is held by Vietnam Telecom International. I'd change the password for your cPanel and forum account immediately.

Thanks alot for the help guys, first time i've ever been hacked. So kinda good then :)So just change my cpanel password and forum password? Should I change anything else on my computer, or is just the Xisto account been hacked?

Should I change anything else on my computer, or is just the Xisto account been hacked?

Your Xisto account is not related to the rest of your computer. However, if you are using the same password you had on your hosting account on any other sites, you should definitely change those too. Remember, all your passwords should be unique.

That is the same IP address that used brute force FTP to hack into few of our hosting members' accounts. We had few issues in this topic.Please refer to my announcement to all hosting members of Xisto. Although the perpetrator has been permanently blocked from Xisto servers he/she/they did some small damages to hosting accounts. But rather than "hacking" your page it seems like he/she/they used it for hosting their music files or just using up hosting disk space for something else--nothing, at least, was deleted from hosting account(s).Please be advised to make your password stronger by combining with letters, numbers and symbols.Thank you.

I didn't know there were people from Vietnam hacking Xisto's accounts. I think I'm going to backup roght now, just in case. :) The theory that you should use a unique password for each account you have is good, but when you are more or less active in internet, is a difficult thing to do because you tend to confuse passwords and having them written is no good anyway.