xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jack2794

Panic Attacks

Hello everyone.I suffer from panic attacks and very low self esteem and I was just wondering If anyone knows of any good tecniques to put into practice when I am having an panic attack. Also can anyone give me any tips on how to get a higher self esteem and more self confidnece because a t the moment I am a bag of nerves an it makes me really upset. I just need to get my self esteem higher and stop my panicing! Any contributions are welcome Please help!!!!!!!!! thank you in advance.

hmm, whenever when im panic or nervous. i tell miself to be daring and that im not afraid of death as everyone dies sooner or later(dosent mean to curse) :D . haha, an odd way to face nervousness huh =x

I suffer from panic attacks and very low self esteem and I was just wondering If anyone knows of any good tecniques to put into practice when I am having an panic attack. Also can anyone give me any tips on how to get a higher self esteem and more self confidnece because a t the moment I am a bag of nerves an it makes me really upset. I just need to get my self esteem higher and stop my panicing! Any contributions are welcome Please help!!!!!!!!!

Far be it from me to question the veracity of your statements, however, I find myself wondering how you knew it was really a panic attack? After all, an actual panic attack has much more symptoms than a mere onset of perceived panic. Had you talked to a doctor about it, say a professional psychiatrist? I'm pretty sure they would be much more qualified at giving treatment to actual panic attacks along with other psychological disorders like hypochondria.

Not that I'm saying anything against raising self-esteem. Far from it, actually, I do believe that it is generally beneficial for an individual to have a healthy amount of self-confidence. It's just that I do seriously doubt the apparent connection between lack of self-esteem and panic attacks.

Seriously, I'd advice you to talk to a doctor about it :D

Far be it from me to question the veracity of your statements, however, I find myself wondering how you knew it was really a panic attack? After all, an actual panic attack has much more symptoms than a mere onset of perceived panic. Had you talked to a doctor about it, say a professional psychiatrist? I'm pretty sure they would be much more qualified at giving treatment to actual panic attacks along with other psychological disorders like hypochondria.
Not that I'm saying anything against raising self-esteem. Far from it, actually, I do believe that it is generally beneficial for an individual to have a healthy amount of self-confidence. It's just that I do seriously doubt the apparent connection between lack of self-esteem and panic attacks.

Seriously, I'd advice you to talk to a doctor about it :lol:

Self-monitoring of symptoms of the anxiety disorder is one of the most important steps in cognitive-behavioural therapy of anxiety disorders. With a diary of symptoms (and situations, thoughts and responses to the panic syndrome) you get a closer insight about your problem and can talk with your therapist in detail about your very personal problem.
Very often the monitoring helps to reduce catastrophic thoughts and imagination about a continuous worsening of the severity of the symptoms or major health related consequences (e.g. getting an heart attack, stroke or severe breathing dysfunction). With this kind of self-monitoring most patients learn to identify specific thoughts or situations that trigger the anxiety.

I used to get panic attacks all the time, I usually get them when I'm in the store with some one and they suddenly leave to go and get something quickly, and or if I'm surrounded around a lot of people at one time, I guess you can say I'm claustrophobic and have panic attacks.