xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
syncn21

Advice Reqired guyz especially post your advice

Would you accept a date with a guy who is on a work permit in the country...i feel a bit wary doing that.I recently got in contact with a guy i met on fropper.com - recently being yesterday and he and i have been emailling each other since but now he's asked 'do u like to catch up sometime for a date may be.., and getto know each other better..can i? What do you like to do when we meet'I feel a bit wary about meeting someone who is not a permanent resident in the country and for all i know might just want to use me to get permanantly into the country. I don't know....This guy says he has been on a work permit in the UK since 2000 and he is able to apply for his PR (permanant residency) next year. What would you guys do?

Ugh. This has so much potential for being fishy, however awful that reality may be.Maybe he really does have a genuine interest in you... I hope that's the case. However, the whole fact that he's here on a work permit kind of raises a red flag. He COULD be using you to become a permanent resident, OR he could have a relationship that has an inevitable end to it... and I hate saying it, but it could be a potential for a hit-and-run, if you catch my drift.I would suggest that you just politely deny his attempts for a relationship and wait until he does establish residency. That would take out the possible red flags we've come up with... and you'll see that he does have a bona fide interest in you and not what you can do for him. :)

If he said he can become a permanent resident next year, then you shouldn't worry about him only wanted to use you to be get him there. Unless of course he's lying to you. You could meet him. And it's not like he was going to ask you to marry him on the first date, unless he really is crazy about you or really just want to get in like you say it.But really, resident or not, you shouldn't be so worry about it. I mean that's love you can't really do anything if he's not a citizen here but wish to live here.Well, me I like a girl from China. She's only here on a student visa, but she said she would love to live in the U.S. if she could find a job here and get to become citizen so she won't have to worry about going back to China when her visa is done. I don't know if she knows that I like her or not, and I don't know if she like me or not. But if it happen that she like me like I liked her, I wouldn't mind helping her to get in the U.S. and become a citizen. And of course, just like you say too I wouldn't want to know that she would just pretend to like me just to get in. I don't really know where I'm going with it and her since I never told her that I liked her but always tried to tell to her that I liked her by giving little hints to her... Anyhow, get to know him better. And maybe you'll find out if he just want you to help him get in or if he liked you. And if he like you and you like him, that problem shouldn't matter. But if you can of see him to get you, meaning doing thing but he doesn't show that he like you, then he just want to get in.That's what I think. But I might be wrong. Get to know him first and decided afterward.