xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

Meizu?s Minione - Iphone?s Competition?

A fews days back i updated my blog, on this chinese iphone , its pretty good and value for money.i earlier thought of sharing this on Xisto but completely forgot.

here is the extract from my blog http://www.mobilereviews.co.nr/

Meizu as a mobile manufacturer may not sound familiar to your ears. But it?s latest launch, the MiniOne, is fast growing to be a competitor for the iPhone. The MiniOne has sparked a keen interest in most enthusiasts who have been tracking its launch. However assumptions are rife if its specifications and design are similar to the iPhone.

The MiniOne certainly resembles the iPhone but apparently it may have just a wee bit more. The MiniOne uses Windows CE and is equipped with a Samsung ARM11 533MHZ processor with a 128MB of DDR SDRAM. It also uses a 16 million-color display sporting a 720?480 pixel resolution. The MiniOne has two cameras. The one in front (for video calling) is 0.3 megapixels and the main camera in the rear is 3 megapixels.

Posted Image

The phone is also equipped with features like BlueTooth, Wifi, a DMB Tuner and GPS. It can also be hooked up to a TV or projector using the video output. The MiniOne can play Avi, Mpeg4 and Wmv formats.

The release dates have not been made too clear but prices are ? approximately Rs. 18,359 ($450) for the 16GB and Rs. 10,607 ($260) for the 4GB version.

Whoa this seems prett cool acutually. Apple finnnaly has some touch technology competetion! I like how it has 2 cameras and how it can play other song formatts besides MP3's. I might look into buying this when the release date is announced.

Whoa this seems prett cool acutually. Apple finnnaly has some touch technology competetion! I like how it has 2 cameras and how it can play other song formatts besides MP3's. I might look into buying this when the release date is announced.

actually the pre-order price is already announced , you can find more in my blog http://www.mobilereview.co.nr/ under the chinese iphone category. and your are pretty right the phone is really good to play with , i ll post the pre order price post below for your reference.

The so-called Chinese iPhone made by a company called Meizu and called the miniOne is finally ready to ship to the stores. Its been awaited for a while now; ever since it was revealed months ago.
A look at the specs reveals that the miniOne is a GSM phone supporting EDGE and Wi-Fi connectivity. Its apparently equipped with an ARM11 533MHZ processor and has a 128MB DDR SDRAM and runs on Windows CE 6.0. It has a 3.2 inch TFT VGA Touchscreen with a resolution of 720×480 pixels and 16 million colors.

The miniOne also has a 3 megapixel autofocus camera and a 0.3 megapixel camera for video calling. It also supports MPEG4 and WMV formats for video, and even has a digital TV and GPS through DMB with downloadable maps. Its expected to have 16GB of internal memory. Also featured are a Line-In and a TV-Out, so the device can be easily hooked up to your TV for a big-screen experience.

The price of this seemingly all-in-one phone is a not-quite-modest Rs. 31,852 ($788). This is of course a pre-order price and the actual price will be revealed somewhere towards the end of the year. I feel the phone should be out sometime in January or early February of 2008. And if its available in China, it shouldnt be too long before you find it here as well. Look out iPhone, the miniOnes got your number!