xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

1970 Pontiac Lemans Sport My Fathers car.

I think this counts as technology (I saw the Pontiac GTO topic). Has anybody ever seen one? My Father's is very nice and he keeps it in good shape, however, he wants a 1970 Pontiac GTO! >_< Comments? What do you guys think is cooler, a 1970 Pontiac GTO or a 1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport?

I saw (and posted in) the other topic as well, so since I'm somewhat of a car nut I thought I'd post here too. Here are the two to compare side by side...

GTO:

Posted Image

LeMans:

Posted Image

Personally I prefere the GTO. But, if I was to buy a GTO, I think I would buy something a little earlier...maybe 63-65? Heres a 1964 GTO:

Posted Image

Of course... I like them all, and If I could afford any GTO (the gas) I probibly would.

O_O I have to show those pictures to my Father! He is obsessed with cars like that! Do you have anymore pictures of 'old cars'? If so, please post them! My dad is interested in cars from the '70s and '69 vehicles. Where did you get that picture of the LeMans? Is that yours and you took a picture of it? That's very nice looking, man. I like the GTO better and I think my dad would rather have a GTO but he has a LeMans Sport so I'm guessing that he will like the picture of the LeMans better. One more time, nice cars!!

Whoa! Those really are nice cars! Neither of my parents have any cars like that or any cars from 1970. I'm not sure, but I think that my grandpa has a car from 1940. It's a Model Something but it doesn't look as nice as those 2 cars. I like the LeMans better than the GTO only because of the color. I like that type of dark color.

No, I've never owned a LeMans before. I have a 95' Mx-3. I'd love to have something classic one day...but for now I'll stick to more modern and fuel efficent. I just googled those pictures, but I already knew what they looked like so my opinion was set. However, I also wouldn't mind having something from a early (67-68) camero, mustang (of course), Nova, olds 442, maverick, and maybe an early firebird.

1970 Olds 442:

Posted Image

1976 Maverick:

Posted Image

1973 Nova:

Posted Image

If you go foriegn, I would definately go with either a datsun 240z or 280z. The 260z and all zx models are to bloated for my liking...but they look the same pre-1980. Also, it doesn't have very much power stock (70-80hp), but the pre 77 toyota celicas are beautiful in my opinion.

240z:

Posted Image

post 75 celica

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just ask if you want any others. ;)

Those are AWESOME. Can you give me some more '70 LeMans'? Or a bigger picture of the one that you posted before? The car is awesome, man. I don't mean to spam but if you ever regsitered at my site I would give you a VIP spot! I don't know, any more '70s LeMans' or GTOs. Thanks!