xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fsmismyantidrug

Gnome Help, Plzk Thanks

k ive usually been able to solve my linux problems by browsing forums and just messing around till it worked again, but im at my wits endok the problem is this, when ever i login using gnome (kde works, but id rather use gnome), all the panels are blank, and there are no icons on the desktop. i have pidgin to start up automatically and it works so its not completly messed up, i can start the terminal through one of my compiz fusion widgit things wich all work, but the terminal is blank and unresponsive, i disabled compiz fusion so im pretty sure its gnome, im running fedora 7 64bit, and i tried updating gnome, but still no go. any help would be greatly appriciatedo the problem first started after i installed the hydrogen drum kit , i dont think its connected, but its the only thing i can think of that i did before it stopped working

I had similar loss of menu's after installing compiz-fusion in Ubuntu 7.04. I'm running an nVidia GeForce 5200 FX, which has pretty well established video drivers. After installing compiz, I lost my menu contents. I could still run everything directly if I navigated directly to it, or could execute from a terminal prompt. As I experienced this almost immediately following a fresh install of Ubuntu I decided to just reinstall Ubuntu and stay away from compiz for the time being. If anyone else has successfully solved this problem, I would appreciate your assistance.Thanks