xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

Writing Contest

Since there's been a bit of malcontent with the forums, lack of activity, etc., I wondered how we could possibly get the old luster back. Plus, I've got a ton of credits that I don't foresee needing since I'm opinionated enough to find something to post on and I doubt I'll be needing a domain since I don't really use my site anyways. So I'd like to host a writing contest to test the ability of some of our members and have a little fun in the meantime. - I'll need a few judges, depending on the number of entries, but I'd like to have at least 2 others besides myself. - I'd also like to ask a few of our GFX members to volunteer some time to make a sig for a winner if he/she doesn't have a hosted account and can't accept a credit transfer. I will pay the artist a portion of the credits in lieu of the winner. - I would also like to know which thread to put this under. Because there is a specific word count for the entries to meet, I figure you don't want this to be in a post count section. I'd also like to have separate threads for the rules and the entries.Anyways, please let me know what you think of my idea and whether you would be interested in participating as support. Obviously it will take some time to make this contest as successful as I hope it becomes, but perhaps it will inspire some literacy in our members and draw out the creativity in some.

If you ask me I really love this idea! Just like we have sig contests, we can very well have writing contests too! :DFor all we know it might just burst out some much needed activity in the forums and the ideas of competitions always sound cool nonetheless. :P I won't mind making sigs for the winners but I warn you I am not that good. :) You could ask the mods as to which thread could you post this under. We have a Creativity forum and maybe you can utilize that forum! Apart from as a graphic helper I would love to participate in this contest at the same time.Hope the mods and admins like this idea and make this happen! :D

I'll help you judge if you want. See my review of Mike's paper for an example of my abilities. I'm more than happy to be impartial too.

I'd definitely join. I like writing short stories but I don't really like to publish them. However, if it's poetry, I'll definitely join it. Maybe I'll win it too :) Seriously though, that sounds like a really good idea.