xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Will.Allison

Bioshock

Anyone here playing/played Bioshock? I'm playing it right now and it's incredible fun and has a fantastic story line so far. The gameplay is well balanced where it takes skill but is not impossible. If anyone else plays it, what do you think?

I haven't played it yet, looks like a pretty cool game. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe its a first person shooter :) . Still, i'm looking forward to it when i have time to play it. I heard there was a pretty bad problem with the hacking minigame in that game though.

Yeah i havent had the chance to play this awesome game, but i saw my friend playing it a few days back, the graphics are AWESOME! i have already fell in love with the game and feel like Exploding some Faces but i will have to wait a while (as i have no cash...) He was about half way into it so i didnt really get the storyline but the GamePlay looks great.Jake

Kind of an old thread but, holy crap this game is incredible. I think it is the best First Person Shooter I've ever played. You think the reviews are an exaggeration until you actually take down your first big daddy. This game revolutionizes the genre in ways thought not possible, and meanwhile delivers an entrancing atmosphere that really anyone can enjoy. I have never been scared by a single horror movie and there were multiple times in this game when I got goose bumps. Sure, the vita-chambers make the difficulty overwhelmingly low, but we are in the midst of a video game revolution. No longer are games about doing a level 80 times until you can get through it without dying like we all did in the late 80s early 90s. It is now about allowing gamers of all abilities to experience everything a game has to offer without being punished for making mistakes. I cannot point out a single thing wrong with this game, and want to play it again as soon as I can.I have a philosophical question for anyone who has played this game. Who's to blame for the fall of Rapture, Fontaine or Ryan? It's highly debatable and there is no right answer, I'd love to hear what everyone here has to say. My response is that Andrew Ryan was naive to think that people would not want to contact the surface. Even if he did anticipate them contacting the surface, he did not expect a smuggler ring to capitalize on people's wants. Fontaine did exactly this, he took advantage of Ryan's flawed system. Andrew Ryan was a man of ideals, and the entire game is a tale of ideology versus practicality. Ryan's ideals weren't practical, and Fontaine could take advantage of that in a way to benefit him. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone reading this, but Ryan realized this because he didn't try to stop you. And everyone who has played this game would agree he could have. Another good question I talked to my brother about is, was Adam ultimately good or evil? I personally compared it to heroin and cigarettes in the way that people were so hopelessly dependent on it that they were going to steal and kill for it. The same often occurs with heroin, and sometimes even cigarettes. I believe that Adam was ultimately evil just because it created this horrific addiction and caused so many problems and suffering in rapture. The thing that Tennenbaum didn't realize was that even though it had potential for good, it was destroying the people it was used on. I mean look at the splicers, all they want is Adam. Anyway, tell me what you think... I'm in love with this game.