xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sylenzednuke

Government Of Orissa Decides To Follow Shariat Law For Muslim Women

Source

The Government of Orissa has declared that it will follow the Shariat Law in the case of women who follow Islam. This news is horrifying and depressing if you ask me as we all know how rational and humanity-driven the Shariat law is.

“we need not enter into controversies by entertaining cases relating to Muslim women,” Women and Child Development Minister Pramilla Mallick

I would like this lady to resign right now from her position of Women and Child Development Minister if she thinks such actions taken by her are going to lead to any development. I mean we all know about how sexist and inhuman the Shariat law is. Most of the things mentioned in it are just totally not required at all. I just don't get it if there was any need for this.
The story is. Sometime back there was this case of a lady named Nazma Bibi who's husband was a drunkard. One fine day he was really drunk and totally angry for some reason and due to a slight domestic argument he uttered the word "talaq" 3 times when he wasn't in complete control of his senses. Now according the Islam, just this one word spoken 3 times is enough for a marriage to break and the wife to be doomed for the rest of her life. The next morning the husband got his senses back and was shocked himself at what he had done last night. He cried, he realized his mistake and wanted to re-unite with his wife at once and Nazma understood what state he was in and wanted to re-unite too. I mean, this sounds so simple, just marry again, it won't be of any problem ... not even a legal one. Just that it would hurt Muslim fundamentalists and it did. Now again according to the Shariat law, if a woman wants to re-marry her husband, she has to marry someone else first and sleep with him atleast once and then only if the new husband willingly divorces her she can re-marry her old husband. And so the government faced alot of anger from the Muslim population of the state and demanded that this re-marriage will only take place according to the Shariat law and not the Indian constitution. Legally, the divorce didn't even take effect so there wasn't any need for any mess. This case made the Government take this action.

Muslims claim that the breaking of a marriage isn't pleasant in the eyes of Allah. Then why was He so careless while writing down these laws? I mean just one word 3 times and everything's done? How would it make any difference if the wife sleeps with another man or doesn't? And on the other hand it's even hard to find another willing Muslim husband due to the sublime delicacy of taking a woman's virginity as losing virginity before marriage is again almost a crime in Islam. I mean this law just doesn't make ANY sense to me or most of the people who don't follow Islam. I seriously think it would've been better if Muslim fundamentalists didn't penetrate into this case. But in the end Nazma Bibi and her husband reunited without any hurdles.

But once again, this led to this decision by the Government. Now if anyone knows most of the Shariat law, it's a clear slap on humanity. On top of that, not only Shariat law but even Manu Smriti (Qu'ran equivalent for Hindus) has many sexist and almost male chauvinist verses. How would this Minister feel when her husband would beat her down every night out of frustration and still run away without any charges because of the Manu Smriti? I bet if this happens she'll appeal for this action to be taken back if she even has pea-sized brains.

“what can we do? With Nazma’s experience, we will like to take steps with adequate precaution”

What are we going to do about the "largest democracy"? I strongly think this decision should be taken back at once. India is a democracy and not a Theocracy which would tolerate religious non-sense. Secularism means equal respect to all religion. None of he religions affect the law and that's equality and it should be there. There should be a uniform law! Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

un natrul sex - shariat of the islam.Government Of Orissa Decides To Follow Shariat Law For Muslim Women786Respected Sir: my name is Muhammad Ramzan Muslim Suni.Please Answer My Qst: In Light of Quran o Shariyat.5 months ago in my frist wedding night I feel that my wife wasnot Virgin,When I askd here she didnot told me that Reson of non virginity, when I told them if you don't tell me I must be Give you TalaQueThen she told me that since 4 years her brother is doing sex with her,... I am sorry sir.. Please tell me Answer what I must be do...-reply by Muhammad Ramzan Khuhro

I don't get it. They're in India, shouldn't they be following Indian law (kinda think of it they're not much better). What is up with Muslims who move to other countries and still expect their own laws to apply, but good luck trying to do the reverse. Shouldn't assimilation be a requirement when moving from one country to another.American Muslims seem to grasp the concept of assimilating to Western values and hard work quite well. I can't say the same for the ones in EU.

I don't get it. They're in India, shouldn't they be following Indian law (kinda think of it they're not much better). What is up with Muslims who move to other countries and still expect their own laws to apply, but good luck trying to do the reverse. Shouldn't assimilation be a requirement when moving from one country to another.
American Muslims seem to grasp the concept of assimilating to Western values and hard work quite well. I can't say the same for the ones in EU.

I couldn't agree more!

If you are living in a secular country, you should follow the laws that the country has and not your own theo. How can you then expect your own rules to be followed in your own house (e.g. for a muslim by his wifes) if you don't follow the laws on a higher level than you?

Also, as the OP, I don't get it how you can give a divorce to your wife with just repeating the same word 3 times, people can say or make even worse things when they're mad! :)