xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NaruNaru1212

Is Iphone Really Worth It? Come and see

Tell weither you think an Iphone is worth the $400 or not? I think it is o.o but before I get it I need some advice weither its a good idea or not ._. like does it have bugs in it and stuff or is it perfect....Anyway you get the idea also do you think its a good idea that its only for at&t and stuff? Cause I dont...Anyway put what you think here! :) Thanks

My friend has an iPhone and I personally think its awesome. Many people would disagree but I like the features. If you have $400 to spare, I would get one.As for the at&t thing, Apple is probably getting a whole lot of money from at&t for doing that so it is a good choice for them. It minimizes the amount bought but they make more in the long run.

i don't think so!Iphone have 2.0 mega pixel camera and can't capture videos and don't have flashalthough it has 4 or 8 gigs internal memory, but it doesn't support memory cardit doesn't have HSCSD and 3G it doesn't have WAP and xHTML it doesn't have answering machineit doesn't have voice command and voice callingit can't open office files(word, excel, and ..) and Adobe PDF files

I don't think that iPhone is worth the 400$. And there are many apparent reasons for that.Although the CoverFlow and emphasis on music is a plus. So is the interface and screen and virtual keyboard and all such stuff. It lacks many things people would need in a phone. If it's gonna cost you that, they must have a camera which isn't limited to 2 megapixels! And incporating iPod into the iPhone is something I didn't like. You have an MP3 player for your songs. Mobiles are built for community and ways to make it better. Adding things and not making anything better isn't what Apple should've done. And apart from that, you can get more practical, global and useful for non-Apple fans mobile phones for even cheaper.Look at the post for generic reasons why it isn't really worth all that much. :)

I am on the same boat that the Iphone is the best thing, because now everyone is going to do it and make all these bad looking phones with useless stuff on it. Lets not forget everyone rioted when people decided to drop the price 2 weeks after it came out, Steve Jobs did a smart move and refunded people $100 for dropping $500 for that thing. Of course I am laughing my butt off at the people who blew thousands of dollars for one on Ebay though :). Really though what does a kid need with an Iphone for anyways? and why the hell are parents stupid enough to drop that kind of cash for their spoiled kid for that phone as well?To me though I think cell phones are most abused technology to be made, look at Japan I swear they come out with 100 new cell phones every month in 50 different colors, I just don't see the reason why some people have 3-4 of them or keep buying new ones after only using the one they just bought for a couple of weeks. Heck I just don't see what else there is left to stuff into a phone except for a kitchen sink or something. and just because your friends have one doesn't mean you need it unless your running a business and need to talk to clients and or staff.

I am on the same boat that the Iphone is the best thing, because now everyone is going to do it and make all these bad looking phones with useless stuff on it. Lets not forget everyone rioted when people decided to drop the price 2 weeks after it came out, Steve Jobs did a smart move and refunded people $100 for dropping $500 for that thing. Of course I am laughing my butt off at the people who blew thousands of dollars for one on Ebay though :). Really though what does a kid need with an Iphone for anyways? and why the hell are parents stupid enough to drop that kind of cash for their spoiled kid for that phone as well?
To me though I think cell phones are most abused technology to be made, look at Japan I swear they come out with 100 new cell phones every month in 50 different colors, I just don't see the reason why some people have 3-4 of them or keep buying new ones after only using the one they just bought for a couple of weeks. Heck I just don't see what else there is left to stuff into a phone except for a kitchen sink or something. and just because your friends have one doesn't mean you need it unless your running a business and need to talk to clients and or staff.

I agree! It became a fad to own a iPhone in just a single day! And now everyone wants it and in the end will end up just using it to call seeing as it only has a 2 megapixel camera and an iPod-like player inside it that are the practical uses of the phone! There are so many better-off and more practical cheaper alternatives to an iPhone but fads make kids blind!

And imagine the condition of the people who spent thousands of dollars on eBay like Saint_Michael said just to figure out it was just a shiny cell phone. :P

Disclaimer: This is all out of opinion based on what I've heard, learned, and read about the phone. I don't have one myself and I don't plan on buying one. Ever.The iPhone is an overrated, overpriced, and shoddy piece of equipment slapped with the i legacy and the cultured trend that goes along with it. With its initial price tag of $600, it's one very expensive paperweight. Even with the recent price drop, it's still out of the affordable reach of most consumers.The iPhone, in theory, is a great little gadget to have. Who wouldn't want to do everything that you can do with a laptop and a cell phone, all contained into one little device that fits in the palm of your hand?It is very neat, in theory, that along with this, it looks sleek, shiny, and sexy, as far as technology goes. It features a touchscreen that requires no stylus, relying on touch. It features a 2.0MP camera, multimedia capability, but cannot record video. It is Internet-accessible and also is equipped with Wi-Fi.Yay. Now I get to rip it apart.The screen is made of glass. Which means you can scratch it very easily. (I hear differently, but then again, I don't know if people mean that it doesn't GOUGE easily, or if it actually IS scratch-resistant - as in not being able to make miniscule scratches that you can see easily when putting the surface up to a light.)The touch screen relies on warmth from the skin. Which leads to frustration in the wintertime.You have to buy an adapter to use some headphones with it.The network protocol the iPhone uses is the lesser EDGE band by AT&T, a step lower than the 3G (the fastest network available by AT&T). Which means that Internet usage will be slow at best.And although Wi-Fi may be faster, who wants to pay $10 per day use for WiFi HotSpots at Starbucks or airports? Every time?It doesn't support instant messaging.There's no keyboard for it anyway, so IMs won't be a huge loss. And typing on a touchscreen is going to be a *BLEEP*... it's already a pain with Blackberries, but at least we all know the QWERTY layout and can "thumb" it.The plans are horrifically exorbitant, starting at $60/mo up to $100/mo, the latter allowing unlimited minutes and limited SMS.The battery is literally built-in. As in Apple didn't think that you would ever need to replace the battery. Ever.Should I keep going?Bottom line is, it's the new thing and everyone's going to jump into the pool. But people should take a second look and realize that the pool is very shallow, because the iPhone is going to make a really bad run for your money.$600 for the 8GB variant + [$60 monthly plan (which is the cheapest) x 2 yr contract (minimum)] = $2040My phone right now, not being cheap itself: Motorola i580 w/ Nextel$300 for the phone + [$45/mo x 2 yr contract] = $1380And my plan already has unlimited nights and weekends, which for the iPhone the $80/mo plan offers unlimited nights and weekends. That would bring it up to $2520. And my phone already does everything the iPhone does.Hrm...

Disclaimer: This is all out of opinion based on what I've heard, learned, and read about the phone. I don't have one myself and I don't plan on buying one. Ever.

The iPhone is an overrated, overpriced, and shoddy piece of equipment slapped with the i legacy and the cultured trend that goes along with it. With its initial price tag of $600, it's one very expensive paperweight. Even with the recent price drop, it's still out of the affordable reach of most consumers.

The iPhone, in theory, is a great little gadget to have. Who wouldn't want to do everything that you can do with a laptop and a cell phone, all contained into one little device that fits in the palm of your hand?

It is very neat, in theory, that along with this, it looks sleek, shiny, and sexy, as far as technology goes. It features a touchscreen that requires no stylus, relying on touch. It features a 2.0MP camera, multimedia capability, but cannot record video. It is Internet-accessible and also is equipped with Wi-Fi.

Yay. Now I get to rip it apart.

The screen is made of glass. Which means you can scratch it very easily. (I hear differently, but then again, I don't know if people mean that it doesn't GOUGE easily, or if it actually IS scratch-resistant - as in not being able to make miniscule scratches that you can see easily when putting the surface up to a light.)

The touch screen relies on warmth from the skin. Which leads to frustration in the wintertime.

You have to buy an adapter to use some headphones with it.

The network protocol the iPhone uses is the lesser EDGE band by AT&T, a step lower than the 3G (the fastest network available by AT&T). Which means that Internet usage will be slow at best.

And although Wi-Fi may be faster, who wants to pay $10 per day use for WiFi HotSpots at Starbucks or airports? Every time?

It doesn't support instant messaging.

There's no keyboard for it anyway, so IMs won't be a huge loss. And typing on a touchscreen is going to be a *BLEEP*... it's already a pain with Blackberries, but at least we all know the QWERTY layout and can "thumb" it.

The plans are horrifically exorbitant, starting at $60/mo up to $100/mo, the latter allowing unlimited minutes and limited SMS.

The battery is literally built-in. As in Apple didn't think that you would ever need to replace the battery. Ever.

Should I keep going?

Bottom line is, it's the new thing and everyone's going to jump into the pool. But people should take a second look and realize that the pool is very shallow, because the iPhone is going to make a really bad run for your money.

$600 for the 8GB variant + [$60 monthly plan (which is the cheapest) x 2 yr contract (minimum)] = $2040

My phone right now, not being cheap itself: Motorola i580 w/ Nextel

$300 for the phone + [$45/mo x 2 yr contract] = $1380

And my plan already has unlimited nights and weekends, which for the iPhone the $80/mo plan offers unlimited nights and weekends. That would bring it up to $2520. And my phone already does everything the iPhone does.

Hrm...

Just had to say EXCELLENT review! This totally opened my eyes... iPhone is in NO WAY worth 600$ - I could actually use all of this money to buy a phone with "Credits" / "Refillable Cash" instead of signing a contract, and STILL get a kickass mobile phone.

iPhone is overrated - Get over it already...

Edited by Atthack (see edit history)

Disclaimer: This is all out of opinion based on what I've heard, learned, and read about the phone. I don't have one myself and I don't plan on buying one. Ever.
The iPhone is an overrated, overpriced, and shoddy piece of equipment slapped with the i legacy and the cultured trend that goes along with it. With its initial price tag of $600, it's one very expensive paperweight. Even with the recent price drop, it's still out of the affordable reach of most consumers.

The iPhone, in theory, is a great little gadget to have. Who wouldn't want to do everything that you can do with a laptop and a cell phone, all contained into one little device that fits in the palm of your hand?

It is very neat, in theory, that along with this, it looks sleek, shiny, and sexy, as far as technology goes. It features a touchscreen that requires no stylus, relying on touch. It features a 2.0MP camera, multimedia capability, but cannot record video. It is Internet-accessible and also is equipped with Wi-Fi.

Yay. Now I get to rip it apart.

The screen is made of glass. Which means you can scratch it very easily. (I hear differently, but then again, I don't know if people mean that it doesn't GOUGE easily, or if it actually IS scratch-resistant - as in not being able to make miniscule scratches that you can see easily when putting the surface up to a light.)

The touch screen relies on warmth from the skin. Which leads to frustration in the wintertime.

You have to buy an adapter to use some headphones with it.

The network protocol the iPhone uses is the lesser EDGE band by AT&T, a step lower than the 3G (the fastest network available by AT&T). Which means that Internet usage will be slow at best.

And although Wi-Fi may be faster, who wants to pay $10 per day use for WiFi HotSpots at Starbucks or airports? Every time?

It doesn't support instant messaging.

There's no keyboard for it anyway, so IMs won't be a huge loss. And typing on a touchscreen is going to be a *BLEEP*... it's already a pain with Blackberries, but at least we all know the QWERTY layout and can "thumb" it.

The plans are horrifically exorbitant, starting at $60/mo up to $100/mo, the latter allowing unlimited minutes and limited SMS.

The battery is literally built-in. As in Apple didn't think that you would ever need to replace the battery. Ever.

Should I keep going?

Bottom line is, it's the new thing and everyone's going to jump into the pool. But people should take a second look and realize that the pool is very shallow, because the iPhone is going to make a really bad run for your money.

$600 for the 8GB variant + [$60 monthly plan (which is the cheapest) x 2 yr contract (minimum)] = $2040

My phone right now, not being cheap itself: Motorola i580 w/ Nextel

$300 for the phone + [$45/mo x 2 yr contract] = $1380

And my plan already has unlimited nights and weekends, which for the iPhone the $80/mo plan offers unlimited nights and weekends. That would bring it up to $2520. And my phone already does everything the iPhone does.

Hrm...

Awesome! And yes, the screen gets scratched AND it almost cracks really easily. But they then do a replacement for absolutely no charge though. :) And I gotta agree on the fact that there are even better and cheaper phones!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!! Apple usually are perfect at whatever little they do. Hence, I take immense pleasure in bashing them up. So why did Steve & Co. decide to give the MMS feature a skip?? And no 3G as well. Whats so “breakthrough” about not having 2 of the most basic communication options which everybody is offering. No video recording either. Also, why cant I pair to any other device to transfer at least photos and stuff, if not music. Also, the camera should have had some more settings and a larger pixel rating. 3.2 is the de-facto standard these daysBut, I think most of these problems will be solved by means of Firmware updates. Or maybe the next generation of iPhones. Which was precisely why I chose to buy the SE P1i and not the Apple iPhone.Another flaw I see is that there's no copy-paste!!!!!!Agreed the phone is just for the At&T network but it can be easily cracked to work on any network!But the sexy screen is worth the price they've put up for it. Maybe the next varient will be much better and Apple will be able to plug all loopholes!!All in all the iPhone is an amazing device and it has certainly raised the bar in many aspects and the way we go about managing our business on a phone. One more thing it has successfully managed to do is that it has pushed every other manufacturer back to the drawing board. Expect better phones from everybody now. This is going to be good in the end for, you, the consumer. Till then, chew the Apple!

Edited by angad619 (see edit history)