xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NaruNaru1212

Who Here Knows A Really Good Mmorpg? I wanna play a greate MMORPG or browser-based RPG but I dunno which on

Well like the title says o.o and if it could be free...That whould be great xD anyway thanks and if possible I'd like there to be lots of fighting! for example, 2moons. I like to try new games like EVERY month ._. so please tell me which I should try and I will. Thanks. and also if it could allow people under 17 to play that way I dont need to put my parents e-mail that whould be perfect! anyway Thanks for the help! :)

I don't really think that there is a browser based game that is overly fun. You have to run things on your computer if you ever want to have something with decent, quick, gameplay. If you're willing to invest a little money and run something on your computer to have something of decent quality try Guild Wars, or Counter Strike depending on your preference. If you're willing to just rung something on your computer of decent quality try GunZ (that's a real good action game).Start up HyperTerminal and create a new connection. It can be any name you want. Then in the first box scroll down to "winsock" or "TCP/IP", then type in the box hdcbbs.net, and connect. Welcome to the world of the BBS and more importantly Hard Drive Cafe. When you're able to get to the main menu, press "G" to list the door games, and select "LORD". LORD is probably one of the funnest games you can play if you don't want to install anything on your computer. It's much faster paced than a browser based game, too, because the BBS style of connection allows it to do that (real time loading with ANSI graphics). The original LORD or LORD (with IGM) would be the best. LORD II isn't really that good IMO.If you REALLY want a browser based MMO game, there are three ones which I know of that don't suck as much as RuneScape (well, I personally think they're on par): Urban Dead, Kingdom of Loathing, and Legend of the Green Dragon. The last one has graphics, but all three of them for some reason are fun for them to play. I personally think they suck because the gameplay is too slow and "action points" are just plain annoying. Legend of the Green Dragon fails to clone Legend of the Red Dragon (LORD) very well and ends up with slow witted gameplay as well, only it has graphics unlike the other two.

As far as browser games go, you're pretty much out of luckGraalonline.com offers a preview to their game in your browser, however I'd recommend downloading the game client and playing that wayIn order to fully enjoy the game you have to create an account (free), then upgrade the account (about $19)I've been playing the game since 1998 and I can vouch for the game and say that it is truly the most addicting MMORPG I have ever played. It's graphics are an odd twist that pull away from such games as Diablo or FFXI, but the actual gameplay (if you really get into it) is simply amazing.I'm not sure if they still offer the lifetime one time subscription package, but that's what I have, and it's ensured a lifetime of play time (so long as you follow the rules and dont get yourself banned, meaning no hacks, cheats, mods, ect ect. As a developer for one of the servers, I can forewarn you that we have scripted systems that detect those kinds of things)Aside from the gameplay, there is also a development feature in it as well. You can learn and implement the scripting language (Called GraalScript2 or GS2 for short), create your own heads, bodies, shields, swords, and other decorative graphics, create your own sounds, levels, animations, you can even make your own server (for a fee, of course)They also have an offline editor that allows you to design levels for the game as well as mess around with the New Scripting Engines old counterpart, GraalScript 1Conversion between the two languages, as well as tutorials and documentation for the language can be found at wiki.graal.netWhich also provides links to a couple player's sites who have taken the time to develope extremely sophisticated tutorialsIf you really prove your skills, you can also earn a Global Staff Position, which enables you to utilize your skills on almost every server in the game instead of just one, if you get hiredSo check them out:http://www.graalonline.com/