xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kuya

How To Connect My Pc With Server Xubuntu internet linux client xp

Ummmm... Would you mind clarifying a bit? Do you have a PC that has Xubuntu installed as an OS, and you wish to use it as a router to connect with another PC, or? If I got you right, that is the question...I'm not quite sure how Xubuntu looks, but I do believe it is virtualy identical to Ubuntu, except it requires less powerfull machine... In order to have that Xubuntu PC act as a server, first you need 2 LAN adapters... You probably have 1 on your motherboard, and you'd have to install additional LAN card in your PC, or if you have older machine, two LAN cards...Now, setting it up as a router should be fairly easy, I don't have it in front of me, to explain step by step, but since you're a novice in this area, I would recommend you google for Coyote Linux, if you wish to use tah one PC only as a router... Coyote prety much installs itself, and sets it self up, and you don't have to worry about a thing...Hopefully, someone will add their 2 cents to this topic, maybe actual step by step explanation (I'm really tight with time these days) how to configure your Xubuntu...