xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Man Held After Gun Found On Plane [uk] Slightly worrying

Man held after gun found on plane

A 39-year-old man was arrested after a gun was found in baggage on a plane at Blackpool Airport.

Full story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/7008275.stm

The basics are that a man managed to get a "blank firing firearm" onto a plane from spain to the UK and the only reason he was caught was because of a tip off! What the hell?!

If an ordinary man can get a blank firing gun onto a plane into the UK, which is among the countries on high alert fr terrorism then what can a real terrorist do? As i understand it the only difference between a blank gun and a real gun is that blanks guns can only fire blanks as they aren't strong enough to actually fire a real bullet, other than that they are the same/similar to real guns. So if they didnt detect that gun they wouldnt have detected a real gun which means guns can be coming into and out of this country, and others, freely but not only that, a terrorist can easily carry onto a plane a weapon which can be used to bring the plane down or to hijack it!

Really shows you the security in place...Ive only flown a few times but as i understand once you get off the plane at your destination there are no more security checks other than customs so its very likely that without the tip off the failure of the Spanish security and the lack of adequate incoming security in the UK wuld have meant another weapon on the streets perhaps. Bad times.

Wow i thought that all over they had step up the airline secruity but i guessed wrong. Good thing that someone tiped them off on him having the gun. Maybe in the UK there airline secruity is not as high as ours in the US.

I would think that the US has higher security. This story really is worrying though. They make you think it's impossible to sneak something like a gun onto a plane. Perhaps they do that so less people try. It makes you think how reliable their security really is, every time you fly somewhere you're at risk.