xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Glamorous Politician Wants Law To Allow 7-year Itch

Source

I have to say what the hell basically, I heard about this woman a few weeks ago because of the headlines she was making as a politician, but to say something like that is just plain stupid; both politically and in general. This is my favorite quote. "The basic approach is wrong ... many marriages last just because people believe they are safe.." There is no basic approach to marriage, if there was there would be no divorce rate, 100% prearrange marriages would be up and most likely murder-suicide would be up as well. What was she smoking because people who make comments like that retard what marriage means to me and other idealists. I hope she now lose that election because it stupid people like that, make me don't want to vote. I don't think no US politician would want to pull that little stunt because they would be finish, because it is obvious she is anti catholic among other things to say something like that.

So what do you members think? People actually agree with her or are you like me and will go through it till the end?

Hahaha...It's sad to know that most marriages don't last (hence the wicked-high divorce rate) but to make it so that marriage has an expiration date? That's like knowing that you'll be legally home-free every 7 years. What the hell happened to "... till death do us part?" Will it be "... till the contract ends, which from this moment forth will be seven years from this day, at this hour, anywhere and everywhere, do we part."? :P She's either very stupid, looking at it from a unique (business) perspective, or doing this as a publicity stunt. How the hell do you accuse a CHURCH of instilling principles that "arent' true to life?" It's by individual, lady. Not everyone is faithful, giving, loving, and selfless.

Not want to vote? India is filled with stupid politicians like her and hence we have one of the lowest voting population and so many political riots and oppression and booth raids taking place during elections.An expiry date on marriage? That's just depressing. Nothing, not even religion or a law can interfere the feelings of a person and this is a fact that we all should accept. Some marriages are wrong decisions, and hence the divorces. Some marriages last forever. A 7 year marriage contract just doesn't make any sense! If a couple decide to divorce, they do. If they decide to re-marry, they do. Why should a couple go to the court to extend the expiry date on their marriage more? And they can still divorce before the 7 year expiry date so what's the point.Act to gain cheap popularity.I agree with Michael when he says there is no basic "approach" for marriage. Love and marriage for me are all about compatibility. You cannot fall in love with someone if you're not compatible with him or her, it's like a calculation of life. Everything you need, everything you can give, the amount of your feelings towards the partner, the amount of the partners feelings towards you.