xisto Community
kab012345

Vmk

Ever heard of VMK? It's a game by Disney, "Virtual Magic Kingdom." (http://lol.disney.com/games) It has recently lost its magic. Lots of people are quitting or either getting banned. I still play it, because im trying to become a CL which is a Community Leader. A CL gets lots of extra priviledges that regular players do not like:

Being friends with Staff

Fame and Special Title and Badge which means people will let you help them more than they would if you were not a CL

etc :P

:D Edited by kab012345 (see edit history)

Hi I have been a memeber at vmk for 2 years. My title is acehorsehorse as you all know I was banned for vmk for 1 month because I was telling someone what happened in class, but I can understand why I was banned.-reply by acehorsehorse

Well, I have some really sad news to report. After almost three years of magic, VMK is closing is online gates for good. You can go onto VMK and look at Yavn's newsletter for all of the details.My thoughts:This is really sad news. I started playing this game a week after it opened in the summer of 2005. It's been almost three years, and I've played at least once a week the entire time (a lot more than that in the beginning). Now, all of those hours playing that game will have gone to waste. I don't understand why they can't keep it open. If they could extend the promotion in the first place, why not just make it a permanent game. I don't see how hard that is.It is ridiculous, and I don't think when they ran that big quest that they knew the game was closing. I specifically remember Yavn mentioning that they had learned from their mistakes during that quest and would fix them the next time a big quest came around. So, that leads me to believe as of a few weeks ago, they thought the game would still be around for quite a while.

Wait, I thought VMK closed down because it was create only for a promotion for Disney's 50th birthday. I just checked after I typed my last sentence.Sorry for those who didn't get to experience VMK and who played for a long time.

EH I thought vmk was ok....You cant barley say anything....like seriously...Lol that was the only thing.But I did enjoy playing there pirates of the carribean on there. It was addicting :)

Dude, running an online game is HARD. Do a little research on why VMK really closed. It's all about money, No money= no game. VMK was free, since the game wasn't making any money, there shouldn't be a game at all. Disney was thinking about how screwed up the economy was so they decided the game should be kept free. Making the game a paying membership site would be screwed up. Why pay for a virtual Disney park when you could pay for the real park? Seriously! People don't look at it this way. Stop being selfish and move on. Sorry, but it's the truth

Well, I have some really sad news to report. After almost three years of magic, VMK is closing is online gates for good. You can go onto VMK and look at Yavn's newsletter for all of the details.
My thoughts:

This is really sad news. I started playing this game a week after it opened in the summer of 2005. It's been almost three years, and I've played at least once a week the entire time (a lot more than that in the beginning). Now, all of those hours playing that game will have gone to waste. I don't understand why they can't keep it open. If they could extend the promotion in the first place, why not just make it a permanent game. I don't see how hard that is.

It is ridiculous, and I don't think when they ran that big quest that they knew the game was closing. I specifically remember Yavn mentioning that they had learned from their mistakes during that quest and would fix them the next time a big quest came around. So, that leads me to believe as of a few weeks ago, they thought the game would still be around for quite a while.

I hear you. When I was introduced to VMK, I got attached to it. Around 20+ of my real friends played it (or course, I was in 4th grade at the time) and that is where we all hung out and stuff. I still remember the different places vaguely. I remember Main Street, The DJ place, and a few others. I also remember those cool skills you could get like invisibility. I spent so much time on that game it brings many memories. It is too bad that Disney had to take the game down. I bet that if they made a membership program like Club Penguin or Runescape for $5/month or something, many people would come back. There is an alternative to VMK called VFK (Virtual Family Kingdom) but it isn't as great as VMK.