xisto Community
Spyda

Lack Of Posts

Seems like there has not been a lot of interesting posts to respond to here. I don't know, but Xisto seems kind of boring to me now. Before i liked coming here to psot, but now its just a drag, part of which I canceled my hosting account. Is it just me, or do you guys feel the same?

Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

I occasionally find a really good post, but I do mainly just get on to post just to keep my hosting (which i currently don't use, go figure), but yea, there are some good people on here too, but I don't post just for the fun of it.

Well, lots of people in the US are kinda absorbed by the back to school hoopla, so once they get situated, I'm sure there will be lots more topics. I usually find at least a few topics to post on each week. It's actually not to keep up my hosting, which I don't seem to be using either, just things that I find interesting. If you're having trouble finding something to respond to, why not start your own threads on things that DO interest you. The quality of the forums is largely based on the input that the community puts into it. I've got a few topics that I want to discuss, but I just haven't really had the time to write them up. So I'm writing them out on wordpad and saving them to post whenever I get around to finishing them. There's always something new and interesting in the world to learn and discover, you just have to put in the effort to go out and find them. That's kinda the beauty of the whole forum thing. As long as you keep within the ToS, there's a multitude of things to discuss. Then again, I'm a female, so I like to talk, talk, talk about everything. On top of that, I'm an opinionated, educated woman, so I like to talk about lots of different things. But Saint_Michael seems to have a lot to say, too, so it can't be just a girl thing.

I find most of the topics boring, i don't really have that much to say. Although i think that is partly because i'm not the discussion type. I tend not to make gigantic posts, and mostly post for hosting(which i dont even have at the moment). Although there are a couple of topics i come across where i do have a strong opinion, and im interested, and can really discuss things. They are just quite scarce.

why not start your own threads on things that DO interest you

Thats a very good point. Anyone who cant find any interesting topics should just do this.

The forums have around 30000+ Topics. All you have to do is, Use a feature called Search at the top right. Look up at your room ceiling, close your eyes, think of a topic, hit the search!If you don't find a similar discussion, Even better! Create your own topic.And if you do not find the forum to post in your great thought, Bug Me :-)

Well I read some where that by opening an old topic back up, that that is against the forum rules or something. But, I guess you guys do have a point on creating topics, plus I just created this one lol.

Well I read some where that by opening an old topic back up, that that is against the forum rules or something. But, I guess you guys do have a point on creating topics, plus I just created this one lol.

Yes, I agree with all of you guys. The activity seems to be ceasing. I for one havn't logged on in ages, I would say I just didn't feel it was an enjoyable way to spend my time :D
Now it seems there is a photography section!! Hooray! A section I requested probably 6 months ago has finally arrived. Could a moderator please open the section for real, because it would be great to get that going :P

The activity on this forum has been ceasing and decreasing day by day, wait, hour by hour. Almost a year back when I joined the forums, the activity was pretty blazing (still some oldies say it was nothing close to some time back) and then when I came back after a hiatus of 2 to 3 months, the activity was pretty much alive but lesser. Then again a hiatus for a month and the activity went down considerably. Then again a hiatus for a month and now it seems dead.I am not really good at contributing good topics but I'll try my best now. :P Hope to see Xisto blazing once again. But still, does anyone really know any reason for this? :|

Hi,I noticed the change in the posts too :D But like Tiki said Once the kids get settled in their routine they will have more time to post. I guess that all the suggestions are right about opening topics that interest you.Maybe topics that do not expire like "Homosexuality-Is it right or wrong" That is one topic that can be replied to even years later and you can post quite a few times as a lot of people have replied to it... Many members are replying to really old topics that have expired just for credits and that is not good.Well I guess we just have to wait and see or else we go break legs and write topics about that :P

there is never any GOOD posts here anymore like the other day i found a post somewhere and the topic was "what is the weather where you are". like come-on, how can i try to become a good enough to become a moderator (life ambition on Xisto) if there isn't any reasonably good posts to try to moderate. like dude i found one that said "rate the person before you" how stupid t that. (i reported both of them) :P:P

Well I guess we just have to wait and see or else we go break legs and write topics about that :D

well i dislocated my knee on monday, does that count?? lol

we should break some legs:D:D
Edited by benzkids (see edit history)

I agree on the case that there's a lack of Threads (especially in my favourite category - THIS ONE! (Trapinion)).Perhaps people (including me) are quite busy with school, I can feel the tension growing already hehe ^^.But yeah - It's not here - Create it.And people - You MUST HAVE tried something which you REALLY liked or REALLY JUST HATED? Well create a thread here, maybe i've had the same experience ! Let's discuss it and have fun.

now we come back to Everybody Loves Xisto, Xisto was alright but since season 3 (autumn) its been going downhill.Yep, thats realpeople don't make good topics anymore and the search feature is not very effective, when I search for something like 'making money online' like 95% of all the results are completely unrelated to 'Making money online'.I'm not saying that Xisto is bad but it just has been going downhill since season 3

I don't know maybe right now there is some kind of low in new users. Maybe people just don't believe anymore in free hosting sites, which is pretty logical, according to some experiences we all have had... I hope there will be a new generation of users that will bring life again to Xisto forums. Sure. :P Maybe it's still holidays...