xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Sony Ericsson T650i Personal Review

Posted Image

The first thing that struck me when I held up the Sony Ericsson T650i was just how tiny its keys were.

In its marketing material, Sony Ericsson says that the phone designers took

inspiration from nature and the Nordic light to produce a phone that is beautiful to look at and alive with energy.

I found this rather exaggerated, but looking beyond the strange keypad, the phone is otherwise pretty well-designed.

The top half of it is covered in stainless steel. The screen is made from scratch-resistant mineral glass. At 12.55mm, it's quite slim too. A rather fancy feature that the flashy users may like is that the keys light up in waves across the keypad, in line with animation on the screen. The animation on the screen are supposed to vary during special occasions.

You'll see heart shapes floating across the screen on Valentine's Day and snow flakes during Christmas.

Like most phones today, it's a 3G phone that comes with a music player that plays tunes in several formats (Mp3, AAC, AAC+ and eAAC+). It has a built-in FM radio, push e-mail, web browser and a 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera with flash.

I am generally happy with the phone's performance, but I found the keys too tiny to be effective They are also spaced rather far apart, so whenever I tried to type without looking at the keypad, I would be jabbing at the empty space between the buttons every now and then. It is frustrating when you are in a hurry. You certainly won't win speed SMS contests on this one.

Also, the lens at the back of the phone protrudes so you need to watch that you don't accidentally scratch it.

In conclusion, this model is rather well-constructed, inwardly and outwardly. However, if you often use the SMS function, you might want to think twice about getting this.
Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

Sony Ericsson is comming up with many flashy phones these days. The sexy S500i leads the pack.The keys of the T650i are too small and very unconventional. And I must say the phone is not photogenic coz it looks much better in hand than in the pics above