xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
scutari

What Does Smoking Cause? its a bad idea to start

I've also found that excessive smoking can kill computers, yes. If people smoke too much around a computer it will jam the fan and overheat the computer. So cigerettes don't just kill people, but machines too, wow, they are very deadly.

Smoking increases heart rate, but ironically causes feelings of relaxation!It also yellows hair if you've dyed it blond, so keep an eye out for that.And try not to get smoke in your eye... it really stings!I'd like to point out a couple of the benefits to smoking, though, such as popularity and shortened life span, because let's face it... this world sucks, anyway, so you might as well "light up". Oh, and you can be just like that favorite actor in that movie or tv show, looking all badass. :P

Smoking increases heart rate, but ironically causes feelings of relaxation!
It also yellows hair if you've dyed it blond, so keep an eye out for that.

And try not to get smoke in your eye... it really stings!

I'd like to point out a couple of the benefits to smoking, though, such as popularity and shortened life span, because let's face it... this world sucks, anyway, so you might as well "light up". Oh, and you can be just like that favorite actor in that movie or tv show, looking all badass. :P

This WILL be rude to this poster and smokers, highlight the black below to read it... do not flame me for my open and honest opinion.

Smoking... popularity? HA! I admit some dumb people think its popular to smoke... they will realise that its a stupid thing to do... when theyr dying.

And why not light it up? Some people have good lifes and love life... your shortening other peoples lives too! And its not just the same amount as your life is shortened, 2nd hand smoke is actually worse! If you dare light a smoke around me and it wasnt illegal to kill you, I WOULD CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF!!!!!!!! Nobody can eat dinner outside now, because there is smoke floating around! All you smokers get to eat outside when you go to restaurants but the rest of us have to stay inside because of your filthy discusting habit!!!!!!!!!!

uh. i just heard this from someone but she said that once you started smoking.. it will take 6-8 years before you get that nasty smoke out of your lungs. or whatever it is that will affect your lungs. XDDso, dont try smoking. XD haha.

...And try not to get smoke in your eye... it really stings!...

lmao that was funny:)

Smoking leads to age prematurely of the skin and the body as a whole. After years of smoking the skin start to wrinkle and become drier, the fingers turn yellow and if the person who smokes is a sportsman he may start losing energy... I don't mention the serious diseases like cancer of the lungs, changes in the genes, serious problems with the oral cavity (bad breath, darken teeth or yellow teeth etc.), impotence and other problems that already were said.

yeah well if u didn't started yet DON'T. I'm a smoker for about five years now and the worse thing that i got from smoking is the fatigue. if i run for 10 sec i think i will spit my lungs out or if i climb some stairs. Also your lungs start to hurt, you smell and taste sense fades and it's really hard to let go. But there are good things to smoking one of them is that you are smarter, a doctor explained the process to me it has something to do with an chemical that your brain secretes when you smoke.So... eh better smart when young than old and alive :lol: joking or... not

Smoking also upset people around you and can therefore lose you friends, or that girl that you've had your eye on for a while may be put off by your stench of smoke and therefore decrease your chances with her ^_^

Men:affects teeth to 30% in color heart attcaks
blood diseases
impotence

Female: hurts pregnancy

Wait wait wait...so women dont get "Yellow" Teeth, Blood Diseases, or w.e Impotence is?!
Cool, time to get Smoking! Just playing.

Smoking can also increase your chances of getting a common cold or flu ^_^ And, everything happens with all genders cept females because they have a bonus :P Which is....hurting pregnancy?

Smoking aggravates asthma in both you and the people around you, causes lung cancer and other cancers, heart conditions and diseases, lung diseases, cause stroke, some smokers can get gangrene and need their toes, legs, arms, fingers etc. removed, heart disease.

Some facts:

Lung cancer from smoking is caused by the tar in tobacco smoke. Men who smoke are ten times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers.

Tar coats your lungs like soot in a chimney and causes cancer. A 20-a-day smoker breathes in up to a full cup (210 g) of tar in a year.

Every year hundreds of thousands of people around the world die from diseases caused by smoking.

More: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

> DON'T SMOKE!

Edited by A200 (see edit history)

Smoking causes lower oxygen levels in your blood stream ( can you say yummy carbon monoxide? One of the many "ingredients" to ciggarettes). Because of the carbon monoxide your body also needs more Vitamin C. This could explain why smokers are more prone to catch the common cold or heal much more slowly from injuries or surgeries. In fact surgeons tell smokers to QUIT ( if na cut down dramatically) 1-2 weeks BEFORE surgery to give the patient's body a better chance at recuperating quickly.Smoking can deaden your sense of smell and taste ( although I have met some heavy smokers where this did na seem to apply).Smoking dehydrates your beautiful skin making it dry and leathery ( and you would think with the ingredient formaldehyde in smokes, that ciggys would PRESERVE your skin....hmmmm...).Smoking can contribute to skin, mouth, gum, lip, throat and lung cancer. Ewwww. Smoking also can contribute heavily to gum disease and heart disease. Did you know that an unhealthy mouth can affect your heart? Think of all the squirmy germies and plaque you swallow when you are asleep......now add smoking to aggravate your mouth and cut down on your immune system as well as your healing abilities.Ugh.Smoking can harden your arteries. Yum yum!Smoking can lead to heart disease ( all that lack of oxygen just makes the body work that much harder with no compensation).While smoking can cause a sense of relaxation it also causes irritibility, headaches, edginess, nervous energy, nausea and even sleeplessness.So WHY do so many people do it?I'm na sure really.....however all this writing about smoking has reminded me that I am out of stogies. *sighs*