xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ewcreators

Game.

Well I am making a php game (can't release the link yet as i still have to get the basics up) and im currently working on the attack script.Now i need a getting exp from the person you attack " formula.Please make it good :P~Aldo

Oh which program are you using for making this game? :P And what type of game it is? Shooting,sport,action? :D Tell big more about it..I still playing "not this age" games on internet and I'm very happy when I can play game which is made by one people with time and experiences.. And I love funny games :D And are you making it on new page or it will be on some games page? And how long it will take when it will be finished? Thanks for answers for my questions :P

Here's an algorithm I used for a text rpg i built into an AIM bot a while back. I assume different players have different levels and this should determine the amount of exp he or she gets? Here it is:

((x*x)*1.8)+x*(1+(ceil(x/15)-1)*40)
where x is the level of the player you killed. But it really depends on what different amounts of experience cause your player to level up. You should really be able to do this stuff before programming a game... Perhaps instead of working on a lame text based browser game you should spend your time learning how to make algorithms.
Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Here's an algorithm I used for a text rpg i built into an AIM bot a while back. I assume different players have different levels and this should determine the amount of exp he or she gets? Here it is:

((x*x)*1.8)+x*(1+(ceil(x/15)-1)*40)
where x is the level of the player you killed. But it really depends on what different amounts of experience cause your player to level up. You should really be able to do this stuff before programming a game... Perhaps instead of working on a lame text based browser game you should spend your time learning how to make algorithms.

thanks.
+
i know algorithms :P
Edited by ewcreators (see edit history)

Well I am making a php game (can't release the link yet as i still have to get the basics up) and im currently working on the attack script.Now i need a getting exp from the person you attack " formula.

Please make it good :)

~Aldo

If you attack someone, I don't really use some exp increment from that. I only increase exp after I kll a monster of something. Each of monsters have a set of exp predefined from the start.

Or if you really want to do something like what an MMORPG often use (an attack means increasing of exp), maybe just try to calculate percentage of hp lost of the monster and apply the percentage to the predefined exp from the monster itself.

example: a Minotaur 2000 HP costs 1000 exp
if you attack it for 500 HP, you deal 25% of its hp and you can have 250 exp from it.

Well a good thing about using an algorithm is that instead of storing each individual exp gained by killing npc's you just store what "level" that npc is, and that way you can use the same algo for attacking other players.