xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mabhishekjhawar

Hair Myths And Facts

A few days back some of you were talking about hair loss and what kinda shoompo to use , i found a very interesting article the other day for hair problems , the article aslo suggests good shampoos to use, tak a look

You may have heard someone say that you should brush your hair with one hundred strokes everyday to keep it healthy and shiny.
You wonder, is this true?

Find out what is true and what is not. Here are some hair facts you need to know.

Does brushing help your hair?

Brushing does help distribute the natural hair oils. However more than eight or nine hairbrush strokes a day can damage your hair.

Excessive brushing can tear your hair, pull it out and even damage the cuticle layer causing split ends, especially if you have dry and colour-treated hair.

Remember, excessive brushing is no good for oily hair either - it merely stimulates the sebaceous glands and thus, increases the level of sebum in the hair, making it look oily.

Is shampooing good or bad for hair?

Women in India seem to have an unfounded fear of shampoo.

Remember, it is harmful to the hair to have a continuous supply of moisture, but shampoo is not the culprit here.

Do not to wash your hair more than thrice a week (with or without shampoo), unless you find it distinctly greasy or dirty.

If you are a sports-person, or travel a lot, don't hesitate to use shampoo while washing your hair - only make sure it is formulated for daily use.

Shampoo is merely a cleansing agent and it makes no difference as long it suits your hair type. The hair that falls out during shampoo is supposed to fall out anyway. So if you have oily hair, make sure you shampoo daily.

Don't know how to choose the right shampoo for you? Here's how

Why does hair not grow and fall simultaneously?

Unlike all mammals where hair falls and grows, human hair cycle is such that hair growth and hair fall is synchronised.

So at any point of time, 80 percent of your hair is in growth phase and 20 percent is in falling phase.

Wow, if I only did 7 or 8 brush strokes a day I would end up with matts worse than a pound puppy. :P Interesting information, but what I'd like to know is how to get my hair to grow. It has been the same length (about to my shoulders) since the early 70's.

that was a good information....but your quote were not completed... i found many question answered in the quote.can u giv me the link to the actual sourse of the page? that would be very usefull for getting more informationGod bless you...

Interesting .. people would think brushing your hair would actually benefit. I suppose it does benefit physically as it gets notts out and such but not internally. So let me get this straight : It is ok to wash shampoo your hair everyday as long as it is made for daily use? Or is it only recommended 3 times a week./?? :) ThanksNice post..

Well, if brushing is great entertainment for horses, why shouldn't it be for humans too? :)In this part of the world there are some strange treatments for the hair which seem to work. Old people say that giving very short haircuts to children will make their hair stronger. Some of them also suggest using a combination of alcohol and specially treated chestnuts will prevent any type of damage to the hair. The same thing goes for nettle extract shampoos. It might sound a bit insane but these "treatments" seem to work :)