xisto Community
Carson

How To Know If Account Is Deleted

I think my Xisto account was deleted. How do we know? I guess our sites not working is a good enough indication, but i want to be sure. And if accounts are deleted, are all the files deleted also?

Can you access your cpanel?You are still showing as Hosted group, so it probably isn't that your account has changed. Try accessing the cpanel for your account and confirm that you have an index.html (or php) in your public_html folder.

I check your site and I would say it is down but of course when I tried to do the cpanel url I didn't get that either. Did you try logging in through the cpanel here on the forums at all?As for your second questions I would say yes, but I would believe they would have a backup of your site somewhere on the server, so hopefully its not a worse case scenario, and that your site is just down for some reason.

Phew... I hope OpaQue does not see my several attempts to resolve DNS as a hacking attempt :PAfter looking around, I noticed that your public_html folder is gone, along with the rest of VITAL folders you MUST have for your web hosting to work properly.I can only assume that they were deleted via FTP client of some sort since your recycle bin is empty. You must terminate and re-apply to re-establish a proper hosting account.

I'd suggest BH that you added a section in the forum where you list the names of the member whose accounts are removed or deleted. I think this can be done automatically.

Its 30 credits for the hosting package i had before? It's going to take me a while to get that many credits. Its lucky that a few weeks ago I tested out the back-up feature of the cpanel, so i have a full back up of my files from a few weeks ago. Although i did start a new forum after the backup, and lost all the data. Thats a shame, but it happens i guess. Thanks for the help. This topic can be closed now.