xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reith

Any Good Games To Play?

I know this question must get asked a lot but I have a fairly narrow field in which I should explain, being that the title didn't give much room to explain it and all. I'm looking for some of people's favorite games, it can be old, it can be new, I appreciate nostalgia just as much as I appreciate playing the newest thing. Just to mark out a few things, MP3 isn't one of the possibilities as it's already been beaten, Bioshock I'm already playing so I don't need anything about that, pretty much any Megaman or Megaman X game is covered since I'm a huge fan of those and have almost every single one. I'm looking for preferably a multi-player game, online RPG would be great for me and my wife, but not a necessity. WOW, LOTRO are out, as well as some of the other mainstream games, we already play FFXI so that's out as well. We also play private server RO, though we are desperately looking for Phantasy Star Universe private server, to no avail so far, and any link or information on such would be greatly appreciated. We're both avid gamers and it would be great to have a game we could jointly play, but we both understand that most games are single player and we don't mind watching each other play them. Personally I'm a fan of fps games, rpgs and puzzle type games, rts is okay but there doesn't seem to be very many good ones out atm, I've got starcraft and command and conquers and what not, any real new ones would be a good suggestion though. I've been looking for a fun MMO to play on the side that's more lighthearted and carefree rather than the more hardcore and stricter type of game that we're already playing / used to. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, especially any games that can be jointly played. I'd greatly prefer something new, that could take use of my PC's graphical power.

Well, if your looking for an MMORPG, there's anarchy online. It's alot like everquest or world of warcraft except instead of the setting in a fantasy land it's placed far into the future and there is a war going on. The game is free to play without expansions until January if you just want to check it out. It's pretty neat; however, I don't have time to play it anymore. Hope you have fun with it though.

I've just had the time to get Medal of Honor Airborne which is one heck of a WW2 shooter. I really really recommend this, the graphics are tremendous - the gameplay is heartbeating!

First to mention - Ah what a great controlling system. Simple WASD (standards) - Mouse, Iron-Sight aiming with corner peeking and Iron-Sight Movement.

Second - Ah, delicious graphics! My computer isn't really "Extreme" but i could play this at a fair FPS Rate, so to say, there's NOTHING to complain about if it's all eyecandy!

Third - Why are you still reading this? ;P You should get it ASAP!

Yeah it wasn't the best "convincing" way, but it's just so good you have to try it.

Great thing about MoHA is it's more FREE than before (atleast I think it is), you drop out of the airplane and must land (hopefully) in the safe-zones, if you miss or just want to jump in the action, steer away from the (green) safe-zones and get tense!

I simply love the way it's so authentic and realistic, you run to throw yourself behind a bunch of boxes, and the screen blurs out as you turn your aim quckly and ravishingly around. The AI is smarter than the previous MOH games (this is on ME again ;P), and you have to look over your shoulder all the time.

GET PLAYING SOLDIER! :P

There are lots of games out there to play some are free some cost a little bit. But still I don't care what anyone says because this is true. No matter how much you like the game if you play one game for to long it starts to get boring. I had hundreds of favorite games. But if I had to choose only one I would definetly pick Super Smash Bros Melee.

Here's a quick game list of games that interest me (and a whole bunch of others) but aren't out yet. (save for one)Call of Duty 4 : November 4 /2007Crysis: November 16 /2007Super Smash Bros. Brawl: January ?? /2008Half-life 2 Episode Two: October 10 /2007Medal of Honor: Airborne

I love Diablo 2. It is a bit hard to get used to at first, you will start off as a total "Noob". It kind of takes a friend to help you start out, but once you get rich, there is no limit to how long you can play. I've played Diablo for over 24 hours, its that addicting. Diablo has its own economy, you do business to get rich. Its basically real life besides you can duel each other. Thats what I relate it to.

I would say Voyage Century Online is the best game of all...
After you register you need to make a char.. you have 2 male and 2 female you can choose.. 1.male/female will start in city of Alexandria 2.male/female will start in Athens.. You have a lot of different faces/bodies to choose.. You need to find a name for it.. When you make all you Join in the game.. First you have a little tutorial you can skip.. Then you spawn in a city.. The captain which will guide you through tutorial will give you your first task..after you finish the task you need to upgrade your ship.. you can be Captain Fighting pirates or captain that is a pirate, Merchant and Adventurer.. if you are a captain you have a ship with a lot of protection and cannons.. if you are a adventurer/raider you have a ship with a lot of sailors and sails.. so you are fast..
if you are a merchant you have a ship with a lot of loading space..
You can lvl up on land and sea.. on land you start with killing Goats and stuff like that.. then Wolfs and bears.. later Vikings and Goblins and a lot more..
On sea you can lvl killing pirates ( smugglers that you find on sea or their battle ships that you find on their islands) or merchants if you are rather a pirate..
So if you kill pirates they will hate you.. but if you kill merchants cities from where are merchants will hunt you with bigger ships.. you can kill them too.. but you hardly can if you are a starter..
You have noble ranks.. from lvl 1 to lvl 12 and they are:
lvl 1: Warrior
lvl 2: Hero
lvl 3: Knight
lvl 4: Chevalier
lvl 5: Baronet
lvl 6: Baron (Baroness)
lvl 7: Viscount
lvl 8: Count (Countess)
lvl 9: Marques
lvl 10: Duke (Dutchess)
lvl 11: Arch-Duke
lvl 12: Royal Highness

When you start you need to buy skills at Skill Tutor..
You can be a Fisher, Tailor, Blacksmith, Miner, Logger, Farmer..
You can use Guns, Swords, Falchions and Axes for weapons..

On sea you have Offshore and High Sea function.. on High Sea you are voyager and discoverer.. in offshore you can fish, fight other ships, or just travel..

It's the whole world on map.. you have over 50 cities and over 100 islands that you can sail to..

I'm playing on Da Gama & James Cook.. and as i know on every server ( there are 3 servers Magellan, Columbus and Da Gama & James Cook) guilds are splited in 2 bigger alliances.. so there's a lot of guild wars..
A guild can own a city.. so there are sieges too.. in war the attacker first attacks on sea.. and defender has to defend it using members ships and towers you built in you HQ of your guild.. in Siege guild that is attacking needs to get to the city.. then attacks on sea.. it has to get in city to kill all on land and get guilds flag in city to 100% .. so when 100% is reached in city attacker wins.. Defender od a city can win by finding Attackers MotherShip that is somewhere on sea.. most of guilds uses Spies to get location of mother ship.. When defender finds the mothers ship he must board and get flag on mother ship to 100%...

There can be a pirate/pvp guild that kills all players.. on Da Gama & James Cook i'm in most wanted pvp guild called DrEAD and we have over 70 hostile guilds and over 3000 players hunting us...

So i think it's the best game of all..

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (more commonly known as just plain "Oblivion") is an amazing game and one of my favorite RPGs. It's very vast and the gameplay is epic, especially with custom modifications (you will find that the mod community for the Elder Scrolls series is one of the most dedicated and talented). The game is meant for singleplayer, but fortunately one very ambitious modder decided to try to code the game for multiplayer (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), and he's done an amazing job so far. While the features are limited, it's still a great thing. You technically can't "share" quests, but you can still get them seperately then run around together and DO the quests, so you and your wife might enjoy it.

I would recommend you the Prince of Persia trilogy. It is action/adventure platform game, really addictive B) It has really hard moments, but I'm sure everybody will be able to get over them within few tries :P Some people said that the chariot races in PoP:T2T are breaking the gamer experience, but no, they are not so hard.

You will be put at different puzzles, really fun to solve, I hope you will like them B)
Also I'm recommending you the third-person shooter/platform game Tomb Raider - it is all about ancient tombs, and Lara Croft, which quest is to collect the parts of an artefact. The new games are Anniversary and Legend.

If you wanna play RPG, the one of "the bests" I know are the Gothic series. The part 3 is quite resource dependent...

MMORPG - I like the most Runescape as the alternative of WoW B) Now there are more than 150 000 players playing at the moment. It has paid and free servers - it will be fun on the free servers till 60/70 lvl, then you should get paid :D

There are much first person shooters, but I will recommend you Return to Caste Wolfenstein - really nice game 'bout the period of the nazism (has an element of fantasy).

If you want a nice strategy, you could play Heroes of Might and Magic, 1-5 are really fun to play, every single one has improved from the last one elements of gameplay. I like the most HOMM 4, couse I know it best B) HOMM 5 has really nice graphics, but it lags even on 512 MB RAM and GeForce 7300 LE. You should get 1024 MB at least...

If you wanna play small fun games, play the POP-CAP games - the best of their games are Zuma Deluxe, Bejeweled and few more :P . You could test them free at http://www.popcap.com/

Edited by ZaM0 (see edit history)

I would definitely agree on the Prince of Persia Trilogy. About Heroes-I would personally recommend Heroes 3 :rolleyes:Other games which should be played:Devil May Cry 3 (and the other parts if you have console unlike myself ;( )Chaos Legion, Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper (they all are action games till now and are all very good)For a first person shooter I would recommend Delta Force: Black Hawk Down- Team Sabre. It's a very good shooter which also involves some tactics.If you are looking for a "scary shooter" ;) try F.E.A.R. (nice name isn't it :D )If you like stealth- Thief and Splinter Cell are for ya.There are some cool games comping up this year soon: Hellgate: London, Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3, Halo 3(only for windows vista), Assassin's Creed.A favourite game of mine (Old game) is Oni. It's quite a nice 3rd person action. Also if you haven't tried you should definitely try Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 :DOf course there are many classics like CS, StarCraft, Warcraft...Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic also rulez :D...well this is what I can think of right now.

well i don't know about thw games you

guys talk about but you shoulr definitely try this out

heres a review, it's dothack//g.u. 3

i like the dothack series

"An Epic Ending To A Great Series"It's been just a little under a year since .Hack//G.U. vol 1 Rebirth came out to America and took the .Hack series to a new level. Long time .Hack fans got their wish for a new game. Some loved it, some hated it, but they all could agree on one thing. This was a completely new .Hack, and it was ready to attack. In Vol 1 players took on the role of Haseo, a PKK(Player Killer Killer) in the search for the mysterious PK; Tri-Edge. 8 months before the start of the game, Tri-Edge PKed Shino, a friend that Haseo felt very close too and he sought revenge. However after facing the legendary PK, Haseo was Data Drained by Tri-Edge and returned to Lv 1. We met many new faces including the Shino lookalike Atoli, the mysterious and elegant Endrance and Haseo's old guild leader Ovan. In the end, Haseo confronted Tri-Edge again and with his newly unlocked Avatar Skeith.

Months later, after many confusing release date rumors by not only fans but the official site as well Vol 2 Reminisce was released. Featuring updated graphics models, twice the extras and moving storyline it was clear that .Hack would never be the same. The storyline picked up right where the first one left off. Joining Haseo in his quest to awaken Shino this time was the hot-headed Matsu of Moon Tree, the twins Sakubo and Endrance himself just to name a few. As the story grew, Haseo started to grow close to Alkaid, a player whom hated him in Vol 1. However she was PKed by an AIDA infected player. Those who played Vol 1 could most likely guess who. By the end of the game, it was clear that Sasaki of Moon Tree sought total control and used Atoli to do it. Haseo was able to defeat him, but now the truth was revealed. The one who Haseo sought out, Tri-Edge, wasn't the one who PKed Shino. It was...

And now we come to the end of the series. All the loose ends are tied in this entry. We meet some new faces, and go up against old enemies.

Graphics: 9/10

The graphics models were slightly updated from Vol 2, and can be noticed in a number of places. Overall their basically the same, beautiful images that we've come to love since Vol 1.

Gameplay: 9/10

With the addition of a new form, Haseo's combat skills are taken to a new level. I won't spoil it for those who havn't seen the trailers, but let's just say it's something that .Hack fans have wanted for a LONG time. Weapon levels can now hit 22, and then at that level all the sp of the weapon class gets cut in half. Now you can use your powerful skills more often than before. The ally AI has gotten a MAJOR increase from the last game, and you won't find your healer running next to a monster a second before it attacks. That was one of my biggest issues with Vol 2. The Books of 1000 have been updated, and are now much harder to fill. Especially if your trying to fill every single entry. All those old quests, like the flyers and such are back. *rolls eyes* Their slightly better with the radars, thank the gods. In the end game there are TONS of things to do. Complete the bike missions, obtain max points in the arena, do the Forest of Pain 100 Level Dungeon(Yes, 100 levels) and much more. Your ally numbers increase to a total of 32 teammates I believe. Some you wouldn't expect. There are three that I won't talk about, but let's just say to train up if you want them. Since you have to beat all three of them in combat at the same time. Trust me, it's VERY worth it.

There are more new dungeon formats, ranging from level 100 to level 150. It's worth hitting Level 100 before starting this game, since you'll be facing alot of high level foes. The overall dificulty has been slightly increased from Vol 2, but the arena is no longer a pain to do thankfully.

Sound: 9/10

The soundtrack is awesome. I couldn't wait for the game so I ordered the vol 3 OST and I must say there are little to no changes at all in the music. It's very nice, even though the dungeon tracks can get boring after awhile. The voices when you speak to party members are back, which I'm SO happy for. Although a few of the voice actors have changed. Their not that bad, but I'd rather have prefered the old ones.

Storyline: 10/10

The storyline picks up right after Vol 2's shocking ending, and doesn't dissappoint. Old enemies return, and new allies are gained in the fight to stop AIDA from flooding into the real world. Powers are lost, and new ones are gained. It's impossible to describe the story in a few words. The end game will completely shock you though, and fans of the old .Hack games will enjoy fighting an old foe who returns for the G.U. Series. But that's not the kicker, it's what happens near the end of that fight.

Overall the storyline won't bring you to tears, well maybe one section will depending on your personality. I know it did me. But it's still a grand story that completely overthrows the one from the last game. Sadly there's no real "extra ending" like there was in IMOQ, but there is a extended ending.

Closing:

It was worth the wait for Vol 3. The gameplay, story and new additions have been taken to a completely new level. The only thing that prevents me from giving a 10 is the slowdown when massive enemies are onscreen. If your a die hard .Hack fan, this is a MUST HAVE. If you don't like the series, at least rent this. Even G.U. haters have admitted this game is worth a play just for the story. It's the closing for the greatest entry in the .Hack series, and I must admit I'm sad to see it end. But here's to a great game, and the hope that Bandai will continue the series. And don't forget, if you havn't seen it yet be sure to buy the .Hack//Roots DVD and catch up on the story before G.U. began.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10, Originally Posted: 09/19/07

Game Release: .hack//G.U. vol. 3//Redemption (US, 09/10/07)

see

isn't it good?

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy needs to be put in QUOTE tags.

Well, I personally recomend Final Fantasy XII, God of War II, Tales of the Abyss, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and the Xenosaga Series... They're all perfect quality games and are both fun and rewarding. I'm afraid I'm hugely oriented to RPG's, but Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid series are a good option too.

1,WOW, I think it is a very exciting game, it is full of challenge, it is presented in 3D way so players are personally on the scene, I am very enjoyed this feeling. I bet you must play it, right? lol2,RuneScape,in my personal opinion, I think it is also a very wonderful game, it is full of adventure, it is a No.1 Free Online Multiplayer Game ,what's more, you can get money from it if your level is very high.

1,WOW, I think it is a very exciting game, it is full of challenge, it is presented in 3D way so players are personally on the scene, I am very enjoyed this feeling. I bet you must play it, right? lol2,RuneScape,in my personal opinion, I think it is also a very wonderful game, it is full of adventure, it is a No.1 Free Online Multiplayer Game ,what's more, you can get money from it if your level is very high.

i must say you are worng in my opinion wow si booring and runescape i dunno why but i didn't get captivated :|
but i like war3 i mean playing it on garena Td's, Rpg's etc... you should try it :D

runescape!!i like it!!