xisto Community
abminara

Endurance

Most sports require not only physical strength, but also a lot of endurance - being able to apply your strength for a long time without gettimg very tired - like running for a long distance, or something like that. As for me - I am a quick runner, but I can't keep the phase for more than 2 minutes, after that I get very tired. If I run at a moderate speed - I could hold it for 0.7-1 hours, but yet, I need more. Is there any special method as to how to raise body endurance?

There are three words of advice I can give you: practice, practice, practice. My friend's brother had to train for a year before he was able to apply for a job as a lifeguard at the local pool because he had to be able to swim 1000 laps. Yes, that's three zeros after the one. Each day you set a limit that's just a little further than the day before. So if he could swim 10 laps on day one, then he tried to swim another lap the following day. Pretty soon, he was able to do 100 laps without even trying hard. You might also want to work on cardio and breathing exercises. Sometimes your muscles tire out because there's not enough oxygen getting to them, so learning how to regulate your breathing can help make it more efficient.

In the past, a long time ago, I did some running and found this fellow and his training Program to be quite a valuable resource.
Follow his advise and you will be amazed at the results. I went from running 120 miles a week to about 60, yet improved my times, speed and endurance in the process.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It has been about 15 years since I ran much, and I haven't inspected his web site to see what might have changed since I last used his approach, but the concept of a long, slow run every second week worked to increase the endurance level. Of course, you require the Base Level, too. He discusses all that on the site, I think.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Good luck with whatever program you use.

Thanks. I also run on my own dor 20-30 minutes every day, unfortunately, I don't have time for much more. As for the work comes - I am a dishwasher at a local restaurant, which means that I carry heacy loads of dishes all the day long in pretty extreme envioronment - a lot of people running around, codl dining room (with air conditioning) that interhanges with high temperatures of air around the dishwasher itself. I feel like after 2 months of work there mthe muscles that I usually don't use in games (mostly back) are getting much stronger, but I really don't think the job raises my endurance level. I'll check out the programs once I am done with college applications, which seem to never end,