xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bishoujo

Good Skin Care For Late Nighters

Staying up late at night is damaging for the skin. Here are tips on how you can lessen and damage and maintain good skin even if you often stay up past midnight.1. Eat right for dinner/supper: Consuming food rich in vitamin C or collagen helps restore elasticity and luminity of the skin. Most animal skin (e.g. chicken, duck, pig) is rich in collagen, and most fruits contain Vitamin C. You may also consumer Vitamin C pills. Eat less spicy food and drink less alcohol.2. Keep your skin moisturised: Your skin becomes dry and flaky due to environmental factors, or when you don't take care of your skin. Leave the windows and doors open at night to allow proper ventilation. Fresh air helps to moisturize your skin. You can also apply moisturizing cream to your skin. Avoid taking in water orally because it is harmful to health to drink water too late at night.3. Do not wash your face late at night: Between 10.00 - 11.00 at night, the skin undergoes self-maintenance. Between this period of time and no later, you should cleanse your face and apply skin care products. Cleanse your face with warm water and facial soap and then apply moisturizer.4. Get rid of eye bags and dark circles: Drinking thick tea, coffee and alcohol easily results in dark pigmentation on your skin and around your eyes. Prepare a mixture of salt and cool water (the cooler the better). Use clean cotton sticks or cloth to dab the mixture and press it against your skin where the dark pigmentation are, for 3 to 5 minutes.

Damnit. I have the AC on throughout the night and I keep on drinking water... But I would take care of the 1st, 3rd and 4th points from now on!Some really useful tips for a person like me! Thanks for posting this! But I would like to ask, would restaurant-cooked chicken be harmful in the night as my parents being pure vegetarians won't cook chicken for sure. I must learn how to cook chicken from my Uncle then. :P

Damnit. I have the AC on throughout the night and I keep on drinking water... But I would take care of the 1st, 3rd and 4th points from now on!
Some really useful tips for a person like me! Thanks for posting this! But I would like to ask, would restaurant-cooked chicken be harmful in the night as my parents being pure vegetarians won't cook chicken for sure. I must learn how to cook chicken from my Uncle then. :P

Glad you find it useful! Well, it doesn't have to be animal meat, though it's widely known to be rich in collagen. If you eat lots of vegetables and fruits it will do too because Vitamin C also aids in the production of collagen. You can also consume collagen tablets that can be found in pharmacies.

Eating late at night isn't healthy either. It may cause indigestion and weight problems.
Edited by bishoujo (see edit history)

How do you know this? Where did you find it? I cant believe that water is harmful too late at night!! :P . Since I work in the night shift giving computer technical support I take my bottle of water and drink it throughout the night, since I rarely drink water, the bottle is a good Idea. I usually wash my face on other days at about 11pm before I go to sleep. My face must be really damaged, well its not really smooth or anything.

I get a lot of tips from magazines, television and radio programs, and of course, through word of mouth.

Drinking water at night burdens your kidneys. At night, your body is supposed to be resting and repairing all the damaged cells and what-nots. So if you drink like one glass of water, your kidneys will have to spend the night working when they should have been resting. Notice that if you drink a lot of water at night, you end up needing the toilet in the middle of the night, or waking up with a full bladder in the morning, which are evidences that your kidneys have been working. It's all right to drink a little water to moisten your throat at night, but not too much.

How do you know this? Where did you find it? I cant believe that water is harmful too late at night!! :P . Since I work in the night shift giving computer technical support I take my bottle of water and drink it throughout the night, since I rarely drink water, the bottle is a good Idea. I usually wash my face on other days at about 11pm before I go to sleep. My face must be really damaged, well its not really smooth or anything.

lol that is the first time i heard drinking water is bad for you lol.Yeah my forehead is quite dry thanks for the tipLol i dont know if i can stop drinking alcohol though, i party alot lol.. i guess im quite pale from staying up so late gosh:P im gona try to follow those tips and see how it goes ^^hopefully it works ^^thanks again

Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm curious too about why it is bad to drink water late at night... I've heard that it's just not good to drink COLD water late at night. Which is too bad, because I like drinking cold stuff late at night. Ah, well, thanks for the interesting advice.

The answer to your question is already here. Read through the thread first. :PAnyway, I'm intrigued by point number 3. Does this so-called self-maintenance period exist? Scientifically its not been proven, because I've never heard of it. But then I'll try it anyway. :P

Greetings All:I was attracted to the title of this post since I tend to be a nighthawk, particularly on long weekends such as Memorial Day. It's too bad the writer did not keep up, it could be a very interesting dialogue.The advice was very good, although, it sounded like a lot of work. Most people, including myself want strategies that work with their lifestyle, in other words, that easily fit in to their routine. Making changes is difficult, and sometimes it's enough to do just one thing that will make the difference.That's what interests me. Of all the choices, what is the one thing that will yield the greatest result. Let me review her list again and speak to each of the areas. Self care is important to me for many reasons. It should be important to you as wel. When we are at our best, we can give of ourselves joyfully without reservation, but with boundaries.More later. I'm taking a short break from an online tutorial. Hope you find my posts interesting.SpaMimi

its kinda hard to avoid drinking water tho isnt it? i mean if ur thirsty and need something to drink what is better then drinking water? i thought water was suppose to be good for ur body.. what is it abt water late at nite that makes it bad?EDIT: ooo nvrmind didnt see the post above.. ;)

Edited by keego (see edit history)

Tips for Healthy Skin:-•• Use good Moisturizing Cream in winter.• Wash your face 3-4 times in a day.• Eat more & more vegetables and fruits.• Eat food which contained more vitamin E and C.• Use good quality of soap which is adjustable to your skin.• Use aloe-Vera for shine and glow.• Use natural ways to care.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)