xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Some Forum Mods That Should Be Considered For Installation

Well I thought I take another crack at this topic now that 2.3 is a stabled Version of IPB. After combing through invisionize for mods I came up with a list and reason why they should be installed here on the forums.

SOTW Mod

With this mod it would help spruce up participation for those who enter, because the way this mod is set up you can put the php included in just the gfx forum.

Delete My Account Mod

Although we get these kind of requests every now and then, if we add this mod we can point the person who wants their account deleted to this link.

View New Post Count

Although you could just click the link or scrow down to see the new topics, I think have this counter next to the link will give people an idea what topics have been posted beyond the ones that are shown on the main index.

Video BBCode.

With this mod it will do a lot better then just posting links when the person can just display the video right on the post instead of the user just clicking to a new page to see it. I would say this would have to be tested for bandwidth just to see what kind of usage is being used on the forums.

Digg Mod

By now I think quite a few members here have digg accounts and so I think if we start digging the topics here on the forums especially the tutorials and or the good topics, it might increase visitors and produce new members as well.

Reputation Mod

This mod should be brought back and used in to ways, scout out new mods if either mods get promoted or some leave the position, and also help bring out good helpful posts on people. The last time this mod was installed it was being abuse because people were giving rep points for the heck of it and junk; I was one of those people back in junior trap days. Still it will help turn regular members to great members and stuff like that.

Change Forum Name

Although, not to many people have change their names because they have to wait for the admin to come online and then pm them asking for the change, I say with this mod it cuts down the tasks admin have to when doing maintenance to the forum and hosting accounts.

Member awards

Well now that are Xisto awards is going into its third year I would think this mod would look good on a members profile as it spruces it up, and shows what they won. this would also be useful for the SOTW awards as well.

Post Length Mod

I been an advocate of this mod for the last couple of years now, and a good way to cut down on the short spam posts. With a character limit in force it will help people become better posters, and that way by the time people get the hint about quality of posts then this mod could be disabled. That way people won't be getting so many warnings on short posts, even though the older members are doing great in post quality this will be more useful for the newer members.

Although most of the mods are small and shouldn't affect the credit system that much, the bigger ones would have to be tested against the credit to make sure no unexpected bugs show up.

I think the ibAwards is a necessity. It will create incentives for users to be regular at the forum. But the problem I see is that only the senior people will get rewards. You should have something for newbies too!Digg is a great place to publicise your work. Especially for a place like Xisto, Digg could do wonders. It also has neat small buttons which blend into your page. I seriously root for these two mods!!

mod not good idea, because forum have slow with lot script like javascript, and load slow when you go on forums. maybe you need find good way to make forum fast not go slow like to me this forum is