xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
abminara

Essay Help

Being born in an Eastern European country Belarus I tend to follow the news in the region pretty often. On March 19 2006 Belarus held its Presidential elections that had the violations listed below that nobody payed attention to.
First, The date of the election must be selected by The National Assembly at least 5 months prior to the election date. The date 03/19/2006 was decided upon on December 16, 2005, which is roughly three months before the election date, which is against the Constitution of the State of Belarus. Second of all, the current President of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenka, has already served on his post twice, and, according to the law, cannot be elected for the third time. Anyway, ignoring that part of his own countries' law, Lukashenka, among with three other representatives from the opposition were running for president.
Because the election was held earlier, than it was initially planned, assuming the facts, that current presidents' rights end on the day of the elections, and the new president can only come to power on September 20th, 2006, who was supposed to rule the country between March 19th and September 20th? Why else would the electoral college of Belarus allow A. Lukashenka to register for presidency for the third time, if they were not sure in the result of that election?
After seeing the misconceptions above, presidential candidate from the opposition A. Kozulin wrote a claim to the Supreme Court citing all of the illegal actions made by the current government in order to promote its candidate to the presidential post for the third time. On the night after the election a huge crowd, of 60000 mostly young people gathered on the central square in Minsk (Capital of Belarus). All of them were there because they were tired of the dictatorship of Lukashenka and unnecessary spending of money. They were there, because they knew, how they voted. They knew, how their families voted. They knew, how their friends and their families voted. They were there to finally see the change in the rural life under the rule of Lukashenka, who publically admitted on the news that he admires Hitler and thinks that his rule and strict order made Germany so great, and thus he should do the same thing. And - what did they hear afterwards? It is announced in the news that Lukashenka had won the election in which he shouldn't even be involved in with the support of 83% of electors. Of course, the crowd went mad and started a tent city in the centre of the city, opposing the falsified results of the election. The tent city was held for 3 days. The corrupt and censored news announced, that it hardly had 500 people in it, though, the actual count was going way over several tenths of thousands of people.
Even after standing in the winter cold with no drinks, or food (all the bags of people coming into the camp were searched, which is also illegal. But who cares?..) for three days the camp did not get much smaller. When seeing that, on the third day special groups of KGB agents were brought to the square from all the surrounding streets, blocking any access out of the trap. All the journalists were ask... ordered to leave the trap for their own security, and go behind for at least 100 meters (that same state-dictated television channel was allowed inside the trap). Thus in one night about 2000 people were put into jail carts and had to be transported to a newly constructed jail several miles away from Minsk, though, nobody told about their fate to the relatives, which is also illegal. I am getting tired of using this word, but everything happening in that week in Belarus seems to be against the law.
Only 2 days later the prisoners were released. So was A. Kozulin, though, he did not leave the jail, rather - a hospital, in which he got after being beaten up by men in uniform.

When I see all that lies and unfair abuses of power happening in my native country my soul starts crying out for help to such supreme powers as NATO, and the UN. Today almost 1.5 years have passed since that day, but not a single person involved in that criminal has been punished by law, and faiths of many tenths of protestants are still unknown.

Thath's my essay's rough draft... I really can't think of the conclusion. Any advice on that, or just overall?

An essay is normally a text written based on your opinion about something. So I don't really think we can help you with the content, this is something very personal. I can give you some advice on this, since I had to write some for school:- Don't write about someone else's opinion, you won't be able to work it out very well- Base your opinion on a few arguements and work them out properly- Conclusion should just summarize (conclude) your whole essayHope i helped ^^

All the journalists were ask... ordered to leave the trap for their own security

The above line does not make sense?

When I see all that lies and unfair abuses of power happening in my native country my soul starts crying out for help to such supreme powers as NATO, and the UN. Today almost 1.5 years have passed since that day, but not a single person involved in that criminal has been punished by law, and faiths of many tenths of protestants are still unknown.

If you build on this paragraph, say more about your opinions and back them up with facts, you could use it as a conclusion Edited by Thing (see edit history)