xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kenobi

What Would You Do For Money? Would you cut one of your fingers for 1m dollars?

Recently I thought about the value of money in our lives and then this question came on my mind: Would you cut one of your fingers for 1 million dollars? And if not for one million dollars what would be the price you would do it for? My personal opinion on this is, that most people will say that they would not do it for any amount of money. But is this really what they would choose to do if they had the chance? I think not and I'm not entirely sure what I would do. Tell me what you think about this.

For a million? Probably, not. 10000000 - yes. In the end, I am getting rid of something I can clearly live without, but I won't have to work a single day in my life. Hey, guys, does anyone know somebody who wants to pay 10 millions for my finger?))jk, of course... People do crazy things for money. Pretty much I'd do anything for it too, as long as it'd not have a major consequence on my health/lethal result. It's only a question of the amount:)

I think I heard a news report where some guy needed to have an MRI or something, and they couldn't have any kind of metal in there so he had to take of his wedding ring, but his fingers had grown quite large since he got married so instead of having them cut the ring, they had them cut off his finger. Now I say thats pretty bad but what made me feel really bad for the guy is after the surgery they couldn't find his ring. They think that somebody stole it, so now he's out a ring, and a finger.I must say that I wouldn't mind loosing my little finger on my left hand since I'm right handed. That wouldn't seem too bad for a million, but a million isn't much these days. I'd probably have to think about it for a while, but if it was 10 million I'd do it without thinking :P

I think I would charge 50 mil for my left pinky, any other finger would be much much more money. Since my career is in programming it would be very hard for me to adjust to losing a finger; however, if I was paid 50 million dollars for it I would be able to compensate since I wouldn't have to program fast when I retire (which I would after I get 50 mil).

Considering it cost my insurance over $60,000 to repair my left arm, I think a cool million for a pinky isn't too bad. But if it were my thumb or any other finger, I don't think I'd do it. I remember reading something similar in Toni Morrison's Sula where the character had left her hometown and family to follow her husband to a place hundreds of miles away. When her husband left her with three kids and a hard winter approaching, she made a decision and stuck her leg on the train tracks to collect insurance. People in desperate times do desperate things.

I wouldnt mind doing most things, but when it comes to extremes, it depends on the case. There are some obvious ones I would say no to (eg very undrinkable water that it makes you sick, and schemes that can hurt, eg Left private part, finger, whatever). I dont mind some harmless extremes, but those that may harm, well no way.

Wow. I would never "sell" my pinky or something else like that. Not even for 50 million or more. I mean you will stay as a cripple for your whole life. Maybe 60 years or longer you gotta life with that. I'd rather do something very painful for money instead of being crippled my whole life.And about undrinkable water: it depends of what it really does with you. If you become sick for just a week (I mean very sick) it might be ok (if you get a good amount of money). But if it will affect you your whole remaining life I would not do that.

for 1 m $ never one can cut his/her finger , because im sure that with that finger if one works hard he can get even more than that 1 m $ , so never go for these ideas, work , strive hard , earn $,Moreover with fingers learn typing , learn to browse the internet in the fullest , thats it you are done 1 M $ is nothing there are so many wide openings for people who can work on the internet so stop having ideas of cutting fingers and strive hard.

i think i would do it too .if i have 1 million.i think i would buy a small house to live in.The house should be near to beach. i would buy some furniture i like . And there is a beautiful kitchen in the house .i can do some cooking in the kitch, and invite some frieds to have dinner with me. I would do cooking for my family. i would read some books upstair in the afternoon. In summer i can sit on beach neaby. I can swim in the sea. i would buy a boat. Then i will build a park nearby for children .